Date   
3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Plandersen
 
Edited

Has anyone tried 3D printing radio switches.  I can’t find any and wondered if that would work.  Ken

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Quarterly Arrived today - Spring Arrives Tomorrow

Mike S
 

My magazine arrived yesterday.

Re: 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Jim Bollman
 

Please start a new Topic when you start talking about something new. Hard to find things when they are labeled wrong. I moved this to a new thread with a better title.

Moderator
Jim...

Re: 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Plandersen
 

OK but not sure how to do it but I will try.  I think I need to join and get a membership.  Kent

On Mar 20, 2019, at 8:23 AM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Please start a new Topic when you start talking about something new. Hard to find things when they are labeled wrong. I moved this to a new thread with a better title.

Moderator
Jim...

Re: 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Mike S
 
Edited

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?  Were the original knobs die cast or plastic?
Mike S

Re: 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Plandersen
 

I actually have an extra radio but not the knobs.  Mine has the red plastic knobs.  Kent

On Mar 20, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?
Mike S <Knob one.JPG><Knob philco.JPG>

Re: 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Jim Bollman
 

The red ones were reproduced back in the 80s in small quantities by making a mold from a good original and pouring plastic of some sort into the molds. I had a set of them and they were very nice. Person that did them died about 20 years ago, not sure where the molds went.

Jim...

On Mar 20, 2019, at 11:45 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?  Were the original knobs die cast or plastic?
Mike S <Knob one.JPG><Knob philco.JPG>

Re: 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Barry Smedley
 

The red ones are for the chrome nose Motorola the other one is for the philco I think.

 

Barry Smedley

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Plandersen
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 12:27 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

 

I actually have an extra radio but not the knobs.  Mine has the red plastic knobs.  Kent



On Mar 20, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

 

Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?
Mike S <Knob one.JPG><Knob philco.JPG>

 

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Re: 3D Printing Radio Knobs????

Plandersen
 

Yes both mine have the Motorola chrome nose.  Kent

Kent Andersen, YVIAA District Director
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Mar 20, 2019, at 9:36 AM, Barry Smedley <BSmedley@...> wrote:

The red ones are for the chrome nose Motorola the other one is for the philco I think.
 
Barry Smedley
 
From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Plandersen
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 12:27 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] 3D Printing Radio Knobs????
 
I actually have an extra radio but not the knobs.  Mine has the red plastic knobs.  Kent


On Mar 20, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
 
Were there more designs than these 2?  Which was more common?  Is the shaft the knobs go onto "D" shaped or do they have the slot for a metal strip in the back of the knob?
Mike S <Knob one.JPG><Knob philco.JPG>
 

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Re: West coast crosley meet

James Dlapa
 

Hi Mike, I do but am out of town and without a computer. I should be back late next week

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 11:18 AM Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
James,
Do you still have any pics of the cars up in dagger that Rhonda wants to sell? I cannot find any and dont want to waste a trip up there.



Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: James Dlapa <crosley1980@...>
Date: 3/14/19 6:08 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] West coast crosley meet

Hi Mike, look forward to seeing you there. 

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:30 PM Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
I will be at the west coast meet in perris this may 11th. I was hoping to purchase a back seat or two from someone. If anyone needs some parts let me know I will search my inventory and bring it to the show.

 Mike mayberry
951-852-5536

Re: Quarterly Arrived today - Spring Arrives Tomorrow

crosleyshortsport
 

Jim Murphy,  You should have received a membership packet within 30 days. To be sure your check and form was received, email the Crosley club membership chairman, Duane at


On Wed, Mar 20, 2019, 11:04 AM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
My magazine arrived yesterday.

Tower Shaft upper bolt removal tool

 

What tool do you use to remove the upper bolt on the tower shaft? I have a couple of sockets with the studs but nothing as tiny as the grooves in the shaft housing. Thank you.

Re: Tower Shaft upper bolt removal tool

Butch
 

The upper tower shaft bolt should just have a 7/16" head (maybe 1/2", I'm not close to one at present), no special tool or socket required.

Butch

On 3/21/2019 11:38 AM, Jim Murphy wrote:
What tool do you use to remove the upper bolt on the tower shaft? I have a couple of sockets with the studs but nothing as tiny as the grooves in the shaft housing. Thank you.


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: Tower Shaft upper bolt removal tool

Plandersen
 

Some require a 12 point socket.  That would explain the tiny groves.  Kent

On Mar 21, 2019, at 9:03 AM, Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988@...> wrote:

The upper tower shaft bolt should just have a 7/16" head (maybe 1/2", I'm not close to one at present), no special tool or socket required.

Butch

On 3/21/2019 11:38 AM, Jim Murphy wrote:
What tool do you use to remove the upper bolt on the tower shaft? I have a couple of sockets with the studs but nothing as tiny as the grooves in the shaft housing. Thank you.


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: Tower Shaft upper bolt removal tool

dale@servicemotors.net
 

Should be just a 7/16 wrench..  


On Mar 21, 2019, at 8:38 AM, Jim Murphy <lftrn97@...> wrote:

What tool do you use to remove the upper bolt on the tower shaft? I have a couple of sockets with the studs but nothing as tiny as the grooves in the shaft housing. Thank you.

Re: Tower Shaft upper bolt removal tool

 

No bolt head...there is a hole about 1 5" deep and it appears there is a bolt head at the bottom. The collar at the top of the hole inside the top gear has 4 maybe 1/8 x 3/8 slots feeding off the inner edge. My assumption is that there was a special socket to fit in them allowing it to drop down and engage the bolt head.

New Crosley "owner" in Ohio

Bob H.
 

I'm new to the Crosley world, but have decided that I'd like to get my Dad's 1951 Super Sport running again. He passed away a little over a year ago, but owned the SS and two '51 Super wagons.

The SS was driveable until about a year and a half ago when I was driving Dad to a car show in it and it stopped running. We towed it the rest of the way to the show and it hasn't run since.

One of his wagons has already had the complete fuel system replaced from stainless tank forward and I know Dad suspected the SS needs the same treatment. I intend to get it out of Mom's garage in the near future and start going through it. So, I'll probably be back with questions!

I'm a car guy and have passed that down to my 18yo son, who's excited to help me get this thing running. My plan is to take it to Wauseon this summer, assuming we make progress by then. 

So, my first question is... where do I hook up my OBDII scanner and check for codes? ;-) Kidding!

-Bob

Re: New Crosley "owner" in Ohio

 

Good One!


-----Original Message-----
From: Bob H. <bob@...>
To: Crosley-Gang <Crosley-Gang@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Mar 21, 2019 2:30 pm
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] New Crosley "owner" in Ohio

I'm new to the Crosley world, but have decided that I'd like to get my Dad's 1951 Super Sport running again. He passed away a little over a year ago, but owned the SS and two '51 Super wagons.

The SS was driveable until about a year and a half ago when I was driving Dad to a car show in it and it stopped running. We towed it the rest of the way to the show and it hasn't run since.

One of his wagons has already had the complete fuel system replaced from stainless tank forward and I know Dad suspected the SS needs the same treatment. I intend to get it out of Mom's garage in the near future and start going through it. So, I'll probably be back with questions!

I'm a car guy and have passed that down to my 18yo son, who's excited to help me get this thing running. My plan is to take it to Wauseon this summer, assuming we make progress by then. 

So, my first question is... where do I hook up my OBDII scanner and check for codes? ;-) Kidding!

-Bob

Re: New Crosley "owner" in Ohio

Steve
 

Welcome to the Crosley Gang!  Various folks may tell you where to put the OBD II scanner. I won't. 

The most sophisticated electronic devices I have used on my Crosleys are a Dwell Tach and a timing light.  As I told my audiologist, my biggest worry of losing my hearing is I won't be able to tune my Crosley.  My son did put a stoichiometric sensor in the tailpipe after I set the carburetor. He couldn't  get any reading for emissions. I guess I did pretty well. 

Have fun!  



Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: "Bob H." <bob@...>
Date: 03/21/2019 4:27 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] New Crosley "owner" in Ohio

I'm new to the Crosley world, but have decided that I'd like to get my Dad's 1951 Super Sport running again. He passed away a little over a year ago, but owned the SS and two '51 Super wagons.

The SS was driveable until about a year and a half ago when I was driving Dad to a car show in it and it stopped running. We towed it the rest of the way to the show and it hasn't run since.

One of his wagons has already had the complete fuel system replaced from stainless tank forward and I know Dad suspected the SS needs the same treatment. I intend to get it out of Mom's garage in the near future and start going through it. So, I'll probably be back with questions!

I'm a car guy and have passed that down to my 18yo son, who's excited to help me get this thing running. My plan is to take it to Wauseon this summer, assuming we make progress by then. 

So, my first question is... where do I hook up my OBDII scanner and check for codes? ;-) Kidding!

-Bob

Re: New Crosley "owner" in Ohio

crosleyshortsport
 

Bob,   I also want to welcome you to the crosley gang !  As chairman of the national meet, here is your personal invitation to the 2019 national meet. July 8 - 13. This is the BIG 50 year Celebration for the Crosley Automobile Club. Bring your kid, and I promise a ride in the FarmOroad. My kid will be giving rides around the fairgrounds.


On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, 5:57 PM Steve <brawnybug@...> wrote:
Welcome to the Crosley Gang!  Various folks may tell you where to put the OBD II scanner. I won't. 

The most sophisticated electronic devices I have used on my Crosleys are a Dwell Tach and a timing light.  As I told my audiologist, my biggest worry of losing my hearing is I won't be able to tune my Crosley.  My son did put a stoichiometric sensor in the tailpipe after I set the carburetor. He couldn't  get any reading for emissions. I guess I did pretty well. 

Have fun!  



Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: "Bob H." <bob@...>
Date: 03/21/2019 4:27 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] New Crosley "owner" in Ohio

I'm new to the Crosley world, but have decided that I'd like to get my Dad's 1951 Super Sport running again. He passed away a little over a year ago, but owned the SS and two '51 Super wagons.

The SS was driveable until about a year and a half ago when I was driving Dad to a car show in it and it stopped running. We towed it the rest of the way to the show and it hasn't run since.

One of his wagons has already had the complete fuel system replaced from stainless tank forward and I know Dad suspected the SS needs the same treatment. I intend to get it out of Mom's garage in the near future and start going through it. So, I'll probably be back with questions!

I'm a car guy and have passed that down to my 18yo son, who's excited to help me get this thing running. My plan is to take it to Wauseon this summer, assuming we make progress by then. 

So, my first question is... where do I hook up my OBDII scanner and check for codes? ;-) Kidding!

-Bob