Date   
Re: NooB from Ohio

paul
 

Chris,
everything said is right on. unless this car has an emotional draw for being just like the one grandpa went outhouse tipping in when he wasn't courting grandma, run, don't walk.  spend a few more days thinking about what YOU want.  if a perfect, high point car is what you decide, then this one needs completely redone, another 12K at least. then you are way upside down money wise. if you want a fun driver, look for a sweet one at half or less that price, it might already have the first flaw in the paint and you won't have to turn purple when it happens one day.  when I rode motorcycles I always told people to buy a decent used one first, find out if they were a rider. one can always fix, upgrade or buy new, opportunities abound. by then they had a better idea what it was all about and what they wanted. if they found out they weren't a rider they could sell and come close to breaking even. salesmen can see stars in your eyes, that is their job.   Paul

On 7/18/2018 4:37 PM, Greetings wrote:

Paul:

 

Great stuff and points to take to heart.  From my conversation today with the seller they are not wanting to come down further than the $12,000 asking price.  I would feel more comfortable closer to $10K but that’s just the salesman in me.

 

The dealer has some really amazing cars in their collection over there.  I’m drawn to this for sure.  It needs the ignition replaced which he has, he’s going to put it in and I’m going back to drive it.

 

That will be the test.  I will be schooled on exactly how SLOW SLOW can be.

 



Re: NooB from Ohio

Greetings <flightshotohio@...>
 

Again, great information guys!  I see why this car has been for sale in the collection for two years.  I am really drawn to the Crosley so I’m going to continue my search.  

I fear I would be paying too much for what I see as being a cream puff, but you don’t know what you don’t know.

There are a lot of “fun” cars on my radar and I have the green light from my wife so that’s the best starting point!

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 9:03 PM paul <bikertrash@...> wrote:
Chris,
everything said is right on. unless this car has an emotional draw for being just like the one grandpa went outhouse tipping in when he wasn't courting grandma, run, don't walk.  spend a few more days thinking about what YOU want.  if a perfect, high point car is what you decide, then this one needs completely redone, another 12K at least. then you are way upside down money wise. if you want a fun driver, look for a sweet one at half or less that price, it might already have the first flaw in the paint and you won't have to turn purple when it happens one day.  when I rode motorcycles I always told people to buy a decent used one first, find out if they were a rider. one can always fix, upgrade or buy new, opportunities abound. by then they had a better idea what it was all about and what they wanted. if they found out they weren't a rider they could sell and come close to breaking even. salesmen can see stars in your eyes, that is their job.   Paul


On 7/18/2018 4:37 PM, Greetings wrote:

Paul:

 

Great stuff and points to take to heart.  From my conversation today with the seller they are not wanting to come down further than the $12,000 asking price.  I would feel more comfortable closer to $10K but that’s just the salesman in me.

 

The dealer has some really amazing cars in their collection over there.  I’m drawn to this for sure.  It needs the ignition replaced which he has, he’s going to put it in and I’m going back to drive it.

 

That will be the test.  I will be schooled on exactly how SLOW SLOW can be.

 



Second of the 2019 National Photos

Jim Bollman
 

Second set of photos have been uploaded covering Thursday.

Any errors you find in the pages let me know, minimal proofing and check was done.

Jim...

Re: NooB from Ohio

Spock Arnold
 

There are a lot of nice Crosleys for sale in the hands of private individuals.  I think you will get a better deal from one of them.  

On Jul 18, 2018 9:29 PM, Greetings <flightshotohio@...> wrote:
Again, great information guys!  I see why this car has been for sale in the collection for two years.  I am really drawn to the Crosley so I’m going to continue my search.  

I fear I would be paying too much for what I see as being a cream puff, but you don’t know what you don’t know.

There are a lot of “fun” cars on my radar and I have the green light from my wife so that’s the best starting point!

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 9:03 PM paul <bikertrash@...> wrote:
Chris,
everything said is right on. unless this car has an emotional draw for being just like the one grandpa went outhouse tipping in when he wasn't courting grandma, run, don't walk.  spend a few more days thinking about what YOU want.  if a perfect, high point car is what you decide, then this one needs completely redone, another 12K at least. then you are way upside down money wise. if you want a fun driver, look for a sweet one at half or less that price, it might already have the first flaw in the paint and you won't have to turn purple when it happens one day.  when I rode motorcycles I always told people to buy a decent used one first, find out if they were a rider. one can always fix, upgrade or buy new, opportunities abound. by then they had a better idea what it was all about and what they wanted. if they found out they weren't a rider they could sell and come close to breaking even. salesmen can see stars in your eyes, that is their job.   Paul


On 7/18/2018 4:37 PM, Greetings wrote:

Paul:

 

Great stuff and points to take to heart.  From my conversation today with the seller they are not wanting to come down further than the $12,000 asking price.  I would feel more comfortable closer to $10K but that’s just the salesman in me.

 

The dealer has some really amazing cars in their collection over there.  I’m drawn to this for sure.  It needs the ignition replaced which he has, he’s going to put it in and I’m going back to drive it.

 

That will be the test.  I will be schooled on exactly how SLOW SLOW can be.

 




Re: NooB from Ohio

Greetings <flightshotohio@...>
 

Thank you everyone!  I am passing on this one for sure but my hunt begins.  Here is a link to the ad for the car in question: http://gcc.dealeraccelerate.net/vehicles/43/1947-crosley-coupe

Re: NooB from Ohio

ROBERT L GREGG <capngrog@...>
 

I think you are wise to have passed on that one.  Although it appears to be a very nice car, it is way over-priced ... in my opinion.

Cheers,
Bob


On Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:20 AM, Greetings <flightshotohio@...> wrote:


Thank you everyone!  I am passing on this one for sure but my hunt begins.  Here is a link to the ad for the car in question: http://gcc.dealeraccelerate.net/vehicles/43/1947-crosley-coupe


Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

Jerry Summey
 

Water Temperature sensor.

In a message dated 7/19/2018 1:27:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, jbraunsberg@... writes:

Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.

Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

L.E. Hardee
 

As mentioned, this can be used for the temperature sensing bulb.  I have also see used for heater hose connection with elbow fitting.  You will need to remove broken off brass temp bulb.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 2:28 PM, Jerry Summey via Groups.Io <gaelecsol@...> wrote:
Water Temperature sensor.

In a message dated 7/19/2018 1:27:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, jbraunsberg@... writes:

Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.


Re: overpriced '47 Crosley

paul
 

OMG!!   another one in Ohio.  Chris, one day I will tell you the story about getting the year designation corrected on a Crosley title in Ohio.  I just looked and this "47" car is sporting a late 1946 VIN.  another no biggie consideration but if one is anal (me) and wants to run proper year of manufacture license plates he has red tape to fight.  hey, you asked for an education, we are just being accommodating....ain't cha glad ya wrote?  for 12 grand we will set you up with his and hers.. did I say Mom gets the sedan or wagon and Dad gets the Hot Shot, convertible, or pickup?  is my selfish, sexist side showing again?  oops.;-)   Paul

On 7/19/2018 10:20 AM, Greetings wrote:
Thank you everyone!  I am passing on this one for sure but my hunt begins.  Here is a link to the ad for the car in question: http://gcc.dealeraccelerate.net/vehicles/43/1947-crosley-coupe
_._,_._,_



Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

Spock Arnold
 

The "brass fitting" is the remnants of the temperature sensor bulb stuck in the block. The hole is for the sensor 

On Jul 19, 2018 1:27 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.

Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

Spock Arnold
 

Which water pump?

On Jul 19, 2018 1:27 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.

Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

Joe Brownsberger
 

Thanks for the help guys, and the water pump cover I need is a 6 bolt pattern.


On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 2:48 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Which water pump?

On Jul 19, 2018 1:27 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.

Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

crosleyshortsport
 

Joe,  You can purchase the cover from Yankee Crosley Parts or Service Motors or Dave Edwards parts


On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 3:58 PM Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, and the water pump cover I need is a 6 bolt pattern.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 2:48 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Which water pump?

On Jul 19, 2018 1:27 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.

Still waiting

Jaks
 

An I just called again and HE HASN’T STARTED YET
Oh well I always did wanto stay phor the antique motorcycle races (but that was when I had a place to stay-everything’s booked this weekend)

Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

Joe Brownsberger
 

I've searched both Service motors and Yankee Crosley and found nothing. That other parts guy I've never heard of.


On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 4:59 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Joe,  You can purchase the cover from Yankee Crosley Parts or Service Motors or Dave Edwards parts

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 3:58 PM Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, and the water pump cover I need is a 6 bolt pattern.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 2:48 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Which water pump?

On Jul 19, 2018 1:27 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.

Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

Gabriel Haddad
 

You will have to give them a call. That kind of item isn't something they would list on their websites. 
Additionly, you may want to look into buying a completely rebuilt pump. The bushings, impeller shaft and, packing all need to be in proper order before you put it in service.
Regards, Gabe.

On Jul 19, 2018 5:37 PM, "Joe Brownsberger" <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
I've searched both Service motors and Yankee Crosley and found nothing. That other parts guy I've never heard of.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 4:59 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Joe,  You can purchase the cover from Yankee Crosley Parts or Service Motors or Dave Edwards parts

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 3:58 PM Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, and the water pump cover I need is a 6 bolt pattern.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 2:48 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Which water pump?

On Jul 19, 2018 1:27 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.


Re: Engine/ water pump cover wanted

Jim Bollman
 

Here is the vendor list it has contacts for a lot of parts suppliers. Service, Yankee and Edwards all have used parts that are not on their lists if you contact them.

Jim...

On Jul 19, 2018, at 5:37 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:

I've searched both Service motors and Yankee Crosley and found nothing. That other parts guy I've never heard of.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 4:59 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Joe,  You can purchase the cover from Yankee Crosley Parts or Service Motors or Dave Edwards parts

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 3:58 PM Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, and the water pump cover I need is a 6 bolt pattern.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 2:48 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Which water pump?

On Jul 19, 2018 1:27 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does any one have a water pump cover available for sale, I only need the cover. Attached is have pictures of two cast iron blocks I'm trying to figure out what these holes are for. The oily looking block has a brass fitting stuck in it and the dry block just has an open hole.




Re: Still waiting

crosleyshortsport
 

Jaks, are you stuck in Wauseon ?  


On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 5:08 PM Jaks via Groups.Io <papajaks=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
An I just called again and HE HASN’T STARTED YET
Oh well I always did wanto stay phor the antique motorcycle races (but that was when I had a place to stay-everything’s booked this weekend)

Re: Still waiting

David Reina
 

Wow Jak, That Chevy dealer got that many cars ahead of you to fix?

Dave

On Jul 19, 2018, at 5:08 PM, Jaks via Groups.Io <papajaks@...> wrote:

An I just called again and HE HASN’T STARTED YET
Oh well I always did wanto stay phor the antique motorcycle races (but that was when I had a place to stay-everything’s booked this weekend)

Third set of 2018 Photos Uploaded

Jim Bollman
 

Here is Fridays photos
http://crosleyautoclub.com/18Nationals/2-Friday/index.html

As before tell me of any errors or omissions, like the last two messages saying 2019 photos.

Jim...