Date   
Braje Exhaust

Tom Sodaro
 

I am looking for a Braje Exhaust for my hotshot. If you will be at the show and have one to sell please call me. My cell is 815-761-3951. Thanks. Tom S

Re: Braje Exhaust

dale@servicemotors.net
 

I have some but they go quick so come early.


On Jul 9, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Tom Sodaro <tomteach2@...> wrote:

I am looking for a Braje Exhaust for my hotshot. If you will be at the show and have one to sell please call me. My cell is 815-761-3951. Thanks. Tom S

Wauseon Newb suggestions?

Tom Gerhard
 

I'll be making my first trip to Nationals, arriving Thursday afternoon and staying through most of Saturday.
Long-time Crosley family; my Dad had several, and I now own his '51 Super Sports (currently mid-restoration), which I learned to drive in in the late 60s.
I will have some parts for sale, and otherwise looking to meet people, see some intact cars (it's been a while), and soak up some karma.

Any suggestions or tips, beyond showing up?

-tom

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

Steve
 

Show up, have fun, meet people, tell Crosley stories, have fun, wear good walking shoes, drink water (it could be hot), have fun, meet more people, look at a lot of cars, ask a lot of questions, meet the vendors, ask more questions, and call your wife every now and then to let her know you are still alive.  I’ll be arriving myself on Thursday afternoon and staying through Saturday.

 

-Steve M. 

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Gerhard
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:59 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Wauseon Newb suggestions?

 

I'll be making my first trip to Nationals, arriving Thursday afternoon and staying through most of Saturday.
Long-time Crosley family; my Dad had several, and I now own his '51 Super Sports (currently mid-restoration), which I learned to drive in in the late 60s.
I will have some parts for sale, and otherwise looking to meet people, see some intact cars (it's been a while), and soak up some karma.

Any suggestions or tips, beyond showing up?

-tom

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

Jim Bollman
 

It can be addictive. We pulled in yesterday morning and the place was already humming. Most people I have seen on a Tuesday. 

Steve pretty much covered the high points.  If you can get here before 6pm you might be able to grab a ride in a Crosley on the road rally through town to the ice cream shop. Fireside chat at 8pm on Thursday is always fun too. 

Bring extra cash for those goodies you need for that restoration. 

Don’t be shy we are a friendly bunch and love to talk. Lots of experienced Crosley people willing to share their knowledge. 

Jim...
Sent from my iThing

On Jul 11, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Steve <brawnybug@...> wrote:

Show up, have fun, meet people, tell Crosley stories, have fun, wear good walking shoes, drink water (it could be hot), have fun, meet more people, look at a lot of cars, ask a lot of questions, meet the vendors, ask more questions, and call your wife every now and then to let her know you are still alive.  I’ll be arriving myself on Thursday afternoon and staying through Saturday.

 

-Steve M. 

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Gerhard
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:59 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Wauseon Newb suggestions?

 

I'll be making my first trip to Nationals, arriving Thursday afternoon and staying through most of Saturday.
Long-time Crosley family; my Dad had several, and I now own his '51 Super Sports (currently mid-restoration), which I learned to drive in in the late 60s.
I will have some parts for sale, and otherwise looking to meet people, see some intact cars (it's been a while), and soak up some karma.

Any suggestions or tips, beyond showing up?

-tom

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

Tom Gerhard
 

Thanks, hoping to be in town before 6;  I'm assuming "here" the fairgrounds?

-tom

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

Jim Bollman
 

Yep

Jim...
Sent from my iThing

On Jul 11, 2018, at 9:54 AM, Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Thanks, hoping to be in town before 6;  I'm assuming "here" the fairgrounds?

-tom

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

crosleyshortsport
 

Shake some hands, ask questions, and enjoy the show !  Jeffrey


On Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 12:38 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Yep

Jim...
Sent from my iThing

On Jul 11, 2018, at 9:54 AM, Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Thanks, hoping to be in town before 6;  I'm assuming "here" the fairgrounds?

-tom

Nationals - Wauseon Ohio 7/12 - 7/14

Jim Bollman
 

We pulled in on Tuesday morning and it is the most cars and people I have seen that early. Lots more pulled in today. This may be a record breaker.

If your not already packed and ready to head this way or here you might want to consider making a last minute dash to Wauseon Ohio to the Fulton county Fairgrounds.

Friday and Saturday are the big days.

Jim...

Re: Nationals - Wauseon Ohio 7/12 - 7/14

Mike Mayberry
 

I am headed up late tomorrow and will be ready Friday morning!!! I am travelling with my dad who got me into crosley's and him from his dad. We have been talking about making the trip for awhile now and are really excited! I am hoping to talk some patrons into giving us a ride in a hotshot and a farm o road!!!! I cannot wait to meet everyone!!! See you there

Mike Mayberry
Southern California
951-852-5536
1948 panel
1948 station wagon
1948 pick up
1951 station wagon

Re: Nationals - Wauseon Ohio 7/12 - 7/14

crosleyshortsport
 

Mike,  We look forward to meeting you and your dad !   My daughter, Samantha will certainly give you a ride in our FarmOroad !  It is the Oliver green one with a black top and is labled "FARMBOY"    Jeffrey Ackerman,   meet chairman 


On Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 11:29 PM Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
I am headed up late tomorrow and will be ready Friday morning!!! I am travelling with my dad who got me into crosley's and him from his dad. We have been talking about making the trip for awhile now and are really excited! I am hoping to talk some patrons into giving us a ride in a hotshot and a farm o road!!!! I cannot wait to meet everyone!!! See you there

Mike Mayberry
Southern California
951-852-5536
1948 panel
1948 station wagon
1948 pick up
1951 station wagon

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

Ron D.
 

I, like Tom, am new to this. I will make my first trip to the nationals today, and will stay till done on Saturday. I hope this show lives up to the hype, as I need a few thousand dollars in parts for my restoration. I plan to meet a lot of people with more knowledge on Crosleys than I have. See you at the show.

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

crosleyshortsport
 

Ron,  I hope we exceed your expectations !  Jeffrey,  chairman of the meet


On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 7:04 AM Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:
I, like Tom, am new to this. I will make my first trip to the nationals today, and will stay till done on Saturday. I hope this show lives up to the hype, as I need a few thousand dollars in parts for my restoration. I plan to meet a lot of people with more knowledge on Crosleys than I have. See you at the show.

Re: Nationals - Wauseon Ohio 7/12 - 7/14

Mike Mayberry
 

Thank you so much ! I cannot wait!!!! I will keep on the lookout for your farm o road and Samantha!

Re: Wauseon Newb suggestions?

Jeremy Rutherford
 

Heading out today for my second year, 1st as an owner, same boat looking to trade paper for parts haha,  we had a great time our first year,  very friendly people, not a mega sized show (but the cars and parts are small) but different than any other I’d been to and very enjoyable!
Jeremy 


On Jul 12, 2018, at 6:13 AM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Ron,  I hope we exceed your expectations !  Jeffrey,  chairman of the meet

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 7:04 AM Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:
I, like Tom, am new to this. I will make my first trip to the nationals today, and will stay till done on Saturday. I hope this show lives up to the hype, as I need a few thousand dollars in parts for my restoration. I plan to meet a lot of people with more knowledge on Crosleys than I have. See you at the show.

AMAZING CROSLEY AUCTION

Gary Bryant
 
Edited

Wanted everyone to know about my Uncle’s auction coming up in Decatur In.

 

I don’t know how to send a link but here is the info to look at what he has for sale it is a live auction and online.

 

August 18 2018 9am   Krueckeberg auction company 815 Adams st. Decatur In. 46733

 

He is an amazing restoration specialist and has many many parts for sale.

 

Thanks for looking and someday I will have cars and parts for sale as I inherited my dads collection of unrestored Crosley cars and parts. Bob Bryant (DAD) >>>Paul Jr. Bryant (UNCLE)

 

Gary Bryant

Window Installer Supervisor

Exterior Building Products

6212 W. Stoner Drive

Greenfield, IN 46140

(317) 894-5300 - Office

(317) 894-6666 – Fax

www.EXTBP.com

 

 

 

 

 

Re: AMAZING CROSLEY AUCTION

Gene Smith
 
Edited

~Gene Smith~
just tryin’ to be helpful, in Houston

On Jul 13, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Gary Bryant <garybryant@...> wrote:

Wanted everyone to know about my Uncle’s auction coming up in Decatur In.
 
I don’t know how to send a link but here is the info to look at what he has for sale it is a live auction and online.
 
August 18 2018 9am   Krueckeberg auction company 815 Adams st. Decatur In. 46733
 
He is an amazing restoration specialist and has many many parts for sale.
 
Thanks for looking and someday I will have cars and parts for sale as I inherited my dads collection of unrestored Crosley cars and parts. Bob Bryant (DAD) >>>Paul Jr. Bryant (UNCLE)
 
Gary Bryant
Window Installer Supervisor
Exterior Building Products
6212 W. Stoner Drive
Greenfield, IN 46140
(317) 894-5300 - Office
(317) 894-6666 – Fax
 
 
 
 
 

Re: Nationals - Wauseon Ohio 7/12 - 7/14

Mike Mayberry
 

I saw farmboy today but couldn't find anyone around it. Tell samantha to be on the lookout for me tomorrow!

Re: Nationals - Wauseon Ohio 7/12 - 7/14

crosleyshortsport
 

Be sure to stop and at least shake hands, they will page me at the registration desk


On Fri, Jul 13, 2018, 6:28 PM Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
I saw farmboy today but couldn't find anyone around it. Tell samantha to be on the lookout for me tomorrow!

crank case with breather. Torque Specs.

Joe Brownsberger
 

Hi, Everyone.

I have questions that I have not been able to find the answers to. I have a 47' Crosley engine that does not have a crankcase breather tube. Is that a necessity to have, what possible issues might i come across if any at all and how does this crankcase work without a breather tube. Also on my mind, does anyone have knowledge of any torque specs for the Crosley's? I just dont want to go tearing stuff apart and not put it back together properly and that info would be much appreciated. if it helps I'm restoring a 49' wagon and I'm currently working on the motor. but i want to be prepared for when i get into other stuff that might involve torque specifications.