Date   
Camshafts

seb fontana
 

Are there any differences between the Crosley, in its years of production and the Aerojet-General, the Fageol, and the Crofton 44 and 53 engine Camshafts; as far as duration and lift?..By my some what calibrated eye ball [right one] they [except one] all look pretty close but I have not assembled a bunch and mechanically measured; yet..The "except one" that I had was in a 48' CC Panel truck, it was a later cast iron bloc [no gov mount] and had the rope seals and thin webbs, draw handle strapped mains crankcase and the only difference in the cam was that the exhaust valve lobes had less lift, some wheres .125 less..They were machined that way, they did not wear or get messed up in any way.. Any knowledge? Thanks, Seb..

Re: Farm O Road Question

dalef62
 

Here are a few pics of them tore apart.

Re: Farm O Road Question

Ron Frost
 

Give them a good drink of penetrating oil and let set for a couple days. 

 Ron Perma Frost
 
 


On Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 08:25:13 AM EST, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:


They screw off the entire way

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, 7:57 AM Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, they unscrew, at least part way. I don't recall if the originals were totally removable or were locked.

On 11/19/2019 10:48 PM, jeff wrote:
Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff 

Re: Farm O Road Question

crosleyshortsport
 

They screw off the entire way


On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, 7:57 AM Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, they unscrew, at least part way. I don't recall if the originals were totally removable or were locked.

On 11/19/2019 10:48 PM, jeff wrote:
Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff 

Re: Farm O Road Question

Butch
 

Yes, they unscrew, at least part way. I don't recall if the originals were totally removable or were locked.

On 11/19/2019 10:48 PM, jeff wrote:
Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff 

Farm O Road Question

jeff
 

Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff 

Re: Identifying blocks

Butch
 

The first block, with the flanges on it, is a standard Cast Iron block, interestingly modified to cross-flow configuration.

The second block, with the tubes on it, is an early, transition/conversion block. Notice that it has a thin base flange and a flat, non-turbulator combustion chamber.

Value wise, it's what ever someone wants to pay.

Butch

On 11/14/2019 8:39 AM, Jim Bollman wrote:
Both are attempts to modify a stock block to get better gas flow for more power.�Broadwell is probably the best known modifier of the blocks for better gas flow. I have uploaded some PDF files of his directions on building engines and sports cars. Look especially at the�8portCrosley.pdf file and�EvenmorespeedCrosley.pdf.


Jim..

Re: Identifying blocks

Jim Bollman
 

Both are attempts to modify a stock block to get better gas flow for more power. Broadwell is probably the best known modifier of the blocks for better gas flow. I have uploaded some PDF files of his directions on building engines and sports cars. Look especially at the 8portCrosley.pdf file and EvenmorespeedCrosley.pdf.


Jim...


On Nov 14, 2019, at 7:19 AM, Pat Curran <racin@...> wrote:

im looking for help identifying two unique blocks and establishing correct values on each.  One block has dual port intakes attached to the drivers side, the other has tubes passing thru the block to the drivers side.  Any help greatly appreciated.   <40761E70-7C4C-4824-8615-5A6140177609.jpeg><8BAC10EF-81CD-4386-8819-88BBEB9D6668.jpeg><C1A7EE89-9F6C-4F15-9BFA-D5BC3E098C24.jpeg><DA67BCB0-8C40-446F-B14C-8B2005CBD794.jpeg><47C21342-C957-4B0D-BEA8-1F5AA5ADC027.jpeg><034E9B35-94C3-4AF2-B1FD-DB4392E8266F.jpeg><3ECB34EA-99DC-4643-AE49-E5A81E6C42AE.jpeg>

Re: Identifying blocks

Jim Bollman
 

Sorry I didn't scroll down far enough.

Re: Identifying blocks

Jim Bollman
 

Pictures would help. What are the casting numbers on the side of the block?

On Nov 14, 2019, at 7:19 AM, Pat Curran <racin@...> wrote:

im looking for help identifying two unique blocks and establishing correct values on each.  One block has dual port intakes attached to the drivers side, the other has tubes passing thru the block to the drivers side.  Any help greatly appreciated.   <40761E70-7C4C-4824-8615-5A6140177609.jpeg><8BAC10EF-81CD-4386-8819-88BBEB9D6668.jpeg><C1A7EE89-9F6C-4F15-9BFA-D5BC3E098C24.jpeg><DA67BCB0-8C40-446F-B14C-8B2005CBD794.jpeg><47C21342-C957-4B0D-BEA8-1F5AA5ADC027.jpeg><034E9B35-94C3-4AF2-B1FD-DB4392E8266F.jpeg><3ECB34EA-99DC-4643-AE49-E5A81E6C42AE.jpeg>

Identifying blocks

Pat Curran
 

im looking for help identifying two unique blocks and establishing correct values on each.  One block has dual port intakes attached to the drivers side, the other has tubes passing thru the block to the drivers side.  Any help greatly appreciated.  

Re: Engines and parts for sale

Joe Brownsberger
 

Could we have pictures please? If that's possible. 


On Wed, Nov 13, 2019, 10:51 PM Pat Curran <racin@...> wrote:
$100 will not buy it

On Nov 13, 2019, at 10:32 PM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

I have no idea. I will throw out $100 if that’s not enough let me know. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 19:21, Pat Curran <racin@...> wrote:


Not sure of value on either, your welcome to make an offer, I’ve had several inquiries on these in particular due to their rarity. 

On Nov 13, 2019, at 7:37 PM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

I would love to have one. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 11:25, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:


Hello, are you thinking of selling off as a lot? Or pieces? 

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John

Re: Engines and parts for sale

Pat Curran
 

$100 will not buy it

On Nov 13, 2019, at 10:32 PM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

I have no idea. I will throw out $100 if that’s not enough let me know. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 19:21, Pat Curran <racin@...> wrote:


Not sure of value on either, your welcome to make an offer, I’ve had several inquiries on these in particular due to their rarity. 

On Nov 13, 2019, at 7:37 PM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

I would love to have one. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 11:25, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:


Hello, are you thinking of selling off as a lot? Or pieces? 

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John

Re: Engines and parts for sale

Plandersen
 

I have no idea. I will throw out $100 if that’s not enough let me know. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 19:21, Pat Curran <racin@...> wrote:


Not sure of value on either, your welcome to make an offer, I’ve had several inquiries on these in particular due to their rarity. 

On Nov 13, 2019, at 7:37 PM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

I would love to have one. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 11:25, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:


Hello, are you thinking of selling off as a lot? Or pieces? 

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John

Re: Engines and parts for sale

Pat Curran
 

Not sure of value on either, your welcome to make an offer, I’ve had several inquiries on these in particular due to their rarity. 

On Nov 13, 2019, at 7:37 PM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

I would love to have one. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 11:25, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:


Hello, are you thinking of selling off as a lot? Or pieces? 

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John

Re: Engines and parts for sale

Plandersen
 

I would love to have one. Kent


On Nov 13, 2019, at 11:25, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:


Hello, are you thinking of selling off as a lot? Or pieces? 

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John

Re: Crosley 18 wheeler

fred@...
 

Go check out the great story we were given, Fall & Winter 2015, Spring & Summer 2016 - 4 parts.  Thank you Frank! 

Re: Engines and parts for sale

Pat Curran
 

I’d like to sell it all together, but will consider separating 

On Nov 13, 2019, at 2:25 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:


Hello, are you thinking of selling off as a lot? Or pieces? 

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John

Re: Engines and parts for sale

James Dlapa
 

Hello, are you thinking of selling off as a lot? Or pieces? 

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John

Re: Engines and parts for sale

Plandersen
 

Do you put the same Tilitson carbs on them?  How much does it increase your power?  I could be interested in one also for my 48 convertible.   Kent

Kent Andersen, Mayor City of Royal City
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Stein <johnkstein@...> wrote:

interested let me know please thank you John