Date   

Re: Real Axle Shackle Position

Jim Liberty
 

On my '47 PU it is above.    .....Jim.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 9:22 AM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I am putting my 1948 Crosley back together and cannot remember if the rear axle goes above the spring eye, or below the spring eye.  Which is correct?  The attached photo shows the rear axle installed above the spring eye.

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments:


Real Axle Shackle Position

jeff <jeffalyon@...>
 

I am putting my 1948 Crosley back together and cannot remember if the rear axle goes above the spring eye, or below the spring eye.  Which is correct?  The attached photo shows the rear axle installed above the spring eye.

Thanks
Jeff


Re: Service Motors Liquidation Sale

dale@servicemotors.net
 

Yes and its a body


On Feb 1, 2021, at 1:58 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:


The phone does not ring. Is the Hot Shot still for sale.   .....Jim.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 6:06 AM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
Hello fellow Crosley Enthusiast,
Service Motors is having a liquidation sale of some of the cars it has acquired over the years.  We have several cars that need a home and a someone who is going to take the time to restore these gems and get them back on the road. 
They can be purchased as a kit or just the car it self.  If purchased as a kit it would come with the car itself ad 90% of new parts needed to restore these little gems.
Some of the cars we have.
(02) 51-52 Station Wagons good condition complete light rust in floor
(02) 48 Station Wagons good complete cars
(01 H Modified rough but a good start.  Has a trailer which was built in the 60's.  This car was never completed or raced so it has no history. 
(01) Hotshot body and frame.
Give us a call to discuss pricing.  This is a liquidation sale so you are going to get a great price on your next project you been looking.
Service Motors 866-449-0029
Dale   


Re: Engine Toque Settings

Jim Liberty
 

Service Motors has a repair manual. The info. you want is there.    ........Jim.

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 9:08 PM re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all, Another engine rebuild question. One step closer to finished this after many years.  Can you help me with the firing order and degrees of timing from plus or minus of TDC. Thanks
On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 6:37:08 PM PST, re moore <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:


Thanks Jim, Inch pounds noted. This is a great forum. Pics when rebuild done.
Rick 

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 12:48:43 PM PST, re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)


Re: Service Motors Liquidation Sale

Jim Liberty
 

The phone does not ring. Is the Hot Shot still for sale.   .....Jim.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 6:06 AM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
Hello fellow Crosley Enthusiast,
Service Motors is having a liquidation sale of some of the cars it has acquired over the years.  We have several cars that need a home and a someone who is going to take the time to restore these gems and get them back on the road. 
They can be purchased as a kit or just the car it self.  If purchased as a kit it would come with the car itself ad 90% of new parts needed to restore these little gems.
Some of the cars we have.
(02) 51-52 Station Wagons good condition complete light rust in floor
(02) 48 Station Wagons good complete cars
(01 H Modified rough but a good start.  Has a trailer which was built in the 60's.  This car was never completed or raced so it has no history. 
(01) Hotshot body and frame.
Give us a call to discuss pricing.  This is a liquidation sale so you are going to get a great price on your next project you been looking.
Service Motors 866-449-0029
Dale   


Re: Crosley engine

Jim Liberty
 

Congrats. Fun cars indeed. I'm restoring a '47 PU.      .....Jim.

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 7:09 PM Jon Ciauri via groups.io <jlciauri=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I  drove to so-cal last Friday to pickup a crosley engine that spent the last 30 years sitting on a friends garage floor. I received not only the engine but a box full of related parts .new water pump,tube exhaust header,aluminum oil pan,boxes of bearings,seals, etc. When I got home,I  took the engine apart.The serial number stamped on the. Left side of the crankcase is131114c .  I am still evaluating the condition of  everything.

Jon Ciauri  9094556830
St georage,Utah






Re: Crosley engine

David
 

Picture and tube diameters would be helpful.

 

David

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Brian Dlapa via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 8:11 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Crosley engine

 

looking to sell header

 

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 05:12:17 AM CST, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

 

 

Glad it is finally getting some attention. 

 

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 10:09 PM Jon Ciauri via groups.io <jlciauri=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I  drove to so-cal last Friday to pickup a crosley engine that spent the last 30 years sitting on a friends garage floor. I received not only the engine but a box full of related parts .new water pump,tube exhaust header,aluminum oil pan,boxes of bearings,seals, etc. When I got home,I  took the engine apart.The serial number stamped on the. Left side of the crankcase is131114c .  I am still evaluating the condition of  everything.

Jon Ciauri  9094556830
St georage,Utah




 


Re: Crosley engine

Brian Dlapa
 

looking to sell header

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 05:12:17 AM CST, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:


Glad it is finally getting some attention. 

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 10:09 PM Jon Ciauri via groups.io <jlciauri=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I  drove to so-cal last Friday to pickup a crosley engine that spent the last 30 years sitting on a friends garage floor. I received not only the engine but a box full of related parts .new water pump,tube exhaust header,aluminum oil pan,boxes of bearings,seals, etc. When I got home,I  took the engine apart.The serial number stamped on the. Left side of the crankcase is131114c .  I am still evaluating the condition of  everything.

Jon Ciauri  9094556830
St georage,Utah






Re: New Crosley of the Month

Steve
 

Great pictures, Jim.  Very appropriate.  My dad drove his Crosleys, rain, snow, or even if the sun was shining.  His new Ford spent the winter safely in the garage.

 

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Bollman
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 10:24 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] New Crosley of the Month

 

Here is the latest CotM, enjoy.
http://crosleyautoclub.com/

Jim...


Re: Service Motors Liquidation Sale

dale@servicemotors.net
 

Please remember we are on Pacific Time so please consider this when calling.


Service Motors Liquidation Sale

dale@servicemotors.net
 

Hello fellow Crosley Enthusiast,
Service Motors is having a liquidation sale of some of the cars it has acquired over the years.  We have several cars that need a home and a someone who is going to take the time to restore these gems and get them back on the road. 
They can be purchased as a kit or just the car it self.  If purchased as a kit it would come with the car itself ad 90% of new parts needed to restore these little gems.
Some of the cars we have.
(02) 51-52 Station Wagons good condition complete light rust in floor
(02) 48 Station Wagons good complete cars
(01 H Modified rough but a good start.  Has a trailer which was built in the 60's.  This car was never completed or raced so it has no history. 
(01) Hotshot body and frame.
Give us a call to discuss pricing.  This is a liquidation sale so you are going to get a great price on your next project you been looking.
Service Motors 866-449-0029
Dale   


Re: Engine Toque Settings

Butch
 

Firing order: 1342, static timed, 12 degrees BTDC.

Butch

On 1/31/2021 11:29 PM, re moore via groups.io wrote:

Hi all, Another engine rebuild question. One step closer to finished this after many years.  Can you help me with the firing order and degrees of timing from plus or minus of TDC. Thanks
On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 6:37:08 PM PST, re moore <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:


Thanks Jim, Inch pounds noted. This is a great forum. Pics when rebuild done.
Rick 

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 12:48:43 PM PST, re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:


Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: Crosley engine

crosleyshortsport
 

Glad it is finally getting some attention. 


On Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 10:09 PM Jon Ciauri via groups.io <jlciauri=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I  drove to so-cal last Friday to pickup a crosley engine that spent the last 30 years sitting on a friends garage floor. I received not only the engine but a box full of related parts .new water pump,tube exhaust header,aluminum oil pan,boxes of bearings,seals, etc. When I got home,I  took the engine apart.The serial number stamped on the. Left side of the crankcase is131114c .  I am still evaluating the condition of  everything.

Jon Ciauri  9094556830
St georage,Utah






Re: Engine Toque Settings

re moore
 


Hi all, Another engine rebuild question. One step closer to finished this after many years.  Can you help me with the firing order and degrees of timing from plus or minus of TDC. Thanks

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 6:37:08 PM PST, re moore <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:


Thanks Jim, Inch pounds noted. This is a great forum. Pics when rebuild done.
Rick 

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 12:48:43 PM PST, re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:


Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)


New Crosley of the Month

Jim Bollman
 

Here is the latest CotM, enjoy.
http://crosleyautoclub.com/

Jim...


Crosley engine

Jon Ciauri
 

I drove to so-cal last Friday to pickup a crosley engine that spent the last 30 years sitting on a friends garage floor. I received not only the engine but a box full of related parts .new water pump,tube exhaust header,aluminum oil pan,boxes of bearings,seals, etc. When I got home,I took the engine apart.The serial number stamped on the. Left side of the crankcase is131114c . I am still evaluating the condition of everything.

Jon Ciauri 9094556830
St georage,Utah


Re: Hotshot on Ebay

Gabriel Haddad
 

Hi Jeff, its a nice looking VC. Good luck.


On Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 2:34 PM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I listed my Hotshot on Ebay for sale today but Ebay would not accept Crosley as the make.  So I listed it under Cadillac. 
Jeff

Attachments:


Hotshot on Ebay

jeff <jeffalyon@...>
 

I listed my Hotshot on Ebay for sale today but Ebay would not accept Crosley as the make.  So I listed it under Cadillac. 
Jeff


Re: WTB strapped main crankcase

seb fontana
 

SHOUT OUT--Me too!


Re: WTB strapped main crankcase

crosleyshortsport
 

Jeremy, I may have what you are looking for. 

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 8:09 PM Jeremy Rutherford <jruthe2@...> wrote:
I’m still looking for a heavier duty strapped main crankcase from a military generator or the like.  Please send me a message if you might have something... thanks 

961 - 980 of 40042