Date   

Re: New Crosley of the Month

Jim Bollman
 


New Crosley of the Month

Jim Bollman
 

Here is your September CotM. Start getting your CD Crosleys ready for 2021 Nationals, CDs are the Spotlight Class.

If you have a Crosley you want to submit for possible future CotM send two photos showing unique features/angles and I will consider making it CotM.

Jim...


Re: PTO control lever

L.E. Hardee
 

I think all FOR's had the holes punched from the factory whether or not they were equipped with the pto or hydraulics.  My first FOR was as bare bones as you can get.  It was used as a tow vehicle for stocking trolley carts in a government GSA warehouse near Chicago.  They had two of them that were auctioned as surplus after they were retired.  I bought it from a guy from the East side of Chicago in 1971 who was the Cord reproduction dealer.  The 4/5 size fiberglass car that used a Corvair transaxle turned around in the front with steering added.  The FOR never saw the light of day during its working life.  It did not have a passenger seat, spare tire (but did have the bracket), any rear body, tail lights, or factory hitch.  Certainly did not have hydraulics or pto.  Yet the floor beside the driver seat was punched for all the levers and respective bolt holes.  If you really want fake levers, I believe I read in a posting maybe a year ago that someone had fabricated spares for sale when they made ones for their own use.


On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 3:09 PM Richard Schaffer <rnaschaffer@...> wrote:
Hi Gang.  My FoR has several holes in the bottom of the :tub" where I think a shift lever for a (long gone) PTO was mounted.  I am looking for the lever --I do not have a PTO.  I just  want whatever went on the top of the floor, between the seats.  Anybody have this part.   Thanks  R


PTO control lever

Richard Schaffer
 

Hi Gang.  My FoR has several holes in the bottom of the :tub" where I think a shift lever for a (long gone) PTO was mounted.  I am looking for the lever --I do not have a PTO.  I just  want whatever went on the top of the floor, between the seats.  Anybody have this part.   Thanks  R


Re: Interior sun visor

dale@servicemotors.net
 

Service motors has used one that can be restored

On Aug 23, 2020, at 6:01 PM, Kenn Cahill <drkenncahill@gmail.com> wrote:

I had a 1946 sedan that only had the visor for the driver. I have a late 1948 wagon with visors for both driver and passenger.



Re: Interior sun visor

Kenn Cahill
 

I had a 1946 sedan that only had the visor for the driver. I have a late 1948 wagon with visors for both driver and passenger.


Re: Interior sun visor

L.E. Hardee
 

I think they were regular equipment for the drivers side and optional for the passenger side except the later CD Super models where they were standard for both sides.  You experts correct me if I am wrong.


On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 8:48 PM Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes they were used.  You see a few every year at Wauseon. 

On Aug 23, 2020 5:02 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:
I'm cleaning up the interior roof of my '48 wagon. I noticed that there is a place in the corner above the windshield where a sun visor could be mounted. Did Crosleys have sun visors inside? If so are they available?


Re: Interior sun visor

Spock Arnold
 

Yes they were used.  You see a few every year at Wauseon. 

On Aug 23, 2020 5:02 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:
I'm cleaning up the interior roof of my '48 wagon. I noticed that there is a place in the corner above the windshield where a sun visor could be mounted. Did Crosleys have sun visors inside? If so are they available?


Re: Interior sun visor

Tim Hamblen
 

Yes they had them but no not available. If you can locate a pair of them , even bad ones a good trim shop can redo them.


Interior sun visor

Andy Farley
 

I'm cleaning up the interior roof of my '48 wagon. I noticed that there is a place in the corner above the windshield where a sun visor could be mounted. Did Crosleys have sun visors inside? If so are they available?


Re: Help With Parking Brake Lever

crosleyshortsport
 

Here is how it bolts to my 52 CD. The short arm is bolted to the cross member about 6 inches to the driver side of the transmission. That short arm is perpendicular to the cross member.


On Sun, Aug 23, 2020, 10:53 AM Bruce Derenski via groups.io <bruce.derenski=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I think I figured it out. There are a pair of holes in the transmission cross member on the passenger side. My mistake was trying to fit the lever on from below. When you lay the lever over the holes from the top, it bolts right up.
> On Aug 23, 2020, at 10:34 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Chris,
>
> The later cars were different. I assume due to the lack of leverage provided, by the direct connection, as is installed on your (early) car, they changed and added a "swinging" lever, that gave a lot of mechanical advantage for the brake application.
>
> Butch
>
>> On 8/23/2020 9:53 AM, CHRIS BECKWITH via groups.io wrote:
>> I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place
>>
>> Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
>> US ARMY Ret
>>
>>>> On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> ???Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.
>>>
>>> Butch
>>>
>>>> On 8/20/2020 8:36 AM, Bruce Derenski via groups.io wrote:
>>>> Hi, Crosley Gurus. Wizards and Swamis,
>>>>
>>>> My car is a 1952 CD Wagon with stock 9" drum brakes. I need some help with hooking up the parking brake lever. Not the handle inside the car, but the lever that mounts beneath the car, near the transmission. The lever has a short arm with two small nuts/bolts, and it clearly bolts to something. What does it bolt to? I can't find anything in the vicinity
>
>
> --
> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>
>
>
>




Re: Help With Parking Brake Lever

Bruce Derenski
 

I think I figured it out. There are a pair of holes in the transmission cross member on the passenger side. My mistake was trying to fit the lever on from below. When you lay the lever over the holes from the top, it bolts right up.

On Aug 23, 2020, at 10:34 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Chris,

The later cars were different. I assume due to the lack of leverage provided, by the direct connection, as is installed on your (early) car, they changed and added a "swinging" lever, that gave a lot of mechanical advantage for the brake application.

Butch

On 8/23/2020 9:53 AM, CHRIS BECKWITH via groups.io wrote:
I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place

Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
US ARMY Ret

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
???Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.

Butch

On 8/20/2020 8:36 AM, Bruce Derenski via groups.io wrote:
Hi, Crosley Gurus. Wizards and Swamis,

My car is a 1952 CD Wagon with stock 9" drum brakes. I need some help with hooking up the parking brake lever. Not the handle inside the car, but the lever that mounts beneath the car, near the transmission. The lever has a short arm with two small nuts/bolts, and it clearly bolts to something. What does it bolt to? I can't find anything in the vicinity

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus




Re: Help With Parking Brake Lever

Butch
 

Chris,

The later cars were different. I assume due to the lack of leverage provided, by the direct connection, as is installed on your (early) car, they changed and added a "swinging" lever, that gave a lot of mechanical advantage for the brake application.

Butch

On 8/23/2020 9:53 AM, CHRIS BECKWITH via groups.io wrote:
I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place

Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
US ARMY Ret

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

???Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.

Butch

On 8/20/2020 8:36 AM, Bruce Derenski via groups.io wrote:
Hi, Crosley Gurus. Wizards and Swamis,

My car is a 1952 CD Wagon with stock 9" drum brakes. I need some help with hooking up the parking brake lever. Not the handle inside the car, but the lever that mounts beneath the car, near the transmission. The lever has a short arm with two small nuts/bolts, and it clearly bolts to something. What does it bolt to? I can't find anything in the vicinity
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Re: Help With Parking Brake Lever

CHRIS BECKWITH
 

I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place

Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
US ARMY Ret

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.

Butch

On 8/20/2020 8:36 AM, Bruce Derenski via groups.io wrote:
Hi, Crosley Gurus. Wizards and Swamis,

My car is a 1952 CD Wagon with stock 9" drum brakes. I need some help with hooking up the parking brake lever. Not the handle inside the car, but the lever that mounts beneath the car, near the transmission. The lever has a short arm with two small nuts/bolts, and it clearly bolts to something. What does it bolt to? I can't find anything in the vicinity with two bolt holes of the required diameter and spacing. Thanks!

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus




Re: engine rebuilding

seb fontana
 

Barry good for you. Put me on a engine build list!


Re: engine rebuilding

Brian Dlapa
 

that away barry

On Friday, August 21, 2020, 11:36:14 AM CDT, Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:


Everytime I have inquired about engine rebuilding everyone is too busy. I am sure you will have your hands full!! Congrats on your retirement!!! I need an engine built when you are ready!!!

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020, 9:27 AM ray tooley via groups.io <ray.tooley=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Congratulations good for you I am actively looking for a Hotshot so I'm going to need some work done I will let you know


On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 10:04 AM, Richard Schaffer

Barry   About 3 or 4 years ago, I brought you the engine from my FOR that had TOO MUCH oil pressure.  You tries to remove the ball and spring from the pressure relief valve, but no go.so you devised a jig to bore in from the opposite end to get to the part and fix the problem.  Been perfect ever since.   I really missed the FOR and last summer, I bought the FOR back !  The seller is a great guy and has about 25 vehicles in his collection, to include the FOR and a 1954 International cab on a 1 ton Ford chassis with Diesel.   BTW  did you ever install the Packard in a Stude truck --I think that is what you were panning when you repaired my FO

Enjoy your retirement and remember you are RETIRED.   Everything does NOT have to be done today.  I have been retired many years and think that factor is one thing that has kept me healthy.

Regards   Dick  Schaffer ( I spent my first 11 years on south 4th St in Coplay!.)

On 8/21/2020 7:56 AM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via groups.io wrote:
I have finally retired from driving tractor trailer, and will be rebuilding Crosley engines once more. I also rebuild transmissions, repair water temp gauges, and supply complete Hotshot and Farm-O-Road windshield assemblies. crosley19@...
Barry


Re: engine rebuilding

Mike Mayberry
 

Everytime I have inquired about engine rebuilding everyone is too busy. I am sure you will have your hands full!! Congrats on your retirement!!! I need an engine built when you are ready!!!


On Fri, Aug 21, 2020, 9:27 AM ray tooley via groups.io <ray.tooley=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Congratulations good for you I am actively looking for a Hotshot so I'm going to need some work done I will let you know


On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 10:04 AM, Richard Schaffer

Barry   About 3 or 4 years ago, I brought you the engine from my FOR that had TOO MUCH oil pressure.  You tries to remove the ball and spring from the pressure relief valve, but no go.so you devised a jig to bore in from the opposite end to get to the part and fix the problem.  Been perfect ever since.   I really missed the FOR and last summer, I bought the FOR back !  The seller is a great guy and has about 25 vehicles in his collection, to include the FOR and a 1954 International cab on a 1 ton Ford chassis with Diesel.   BTW  did you ever install the Packard in a Stude truck --I think that is what you were panning when you repaired my FO

Enjoy your retirement and remember you are RETIRED.   Everything does NOT have to be done today.  I have been retired many years and think that factor is one thing that has kept me healthy.

Regards   Dick  Schaffer ( I spent my first 11 years on south 4th St in Coplay!.)

On 8/21/2020 7:56 AM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via groups.io wrote:
I have finally retired from driving tractor trailer, and will be rebuilding Crosley engines once more. I also rebuild transmissions, repair water temp gauges, and supply complete Hotshot and Farm-O-Road windshield assemblies. crosley19@...
Barry


Re: engine rebuilding

ray tooley
 

Congratulations good for you I am actively looking for a Hotshot so I'm going to need some work done I will let you know


On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 10:04 AM, Richard Schaffer
<rnaschaffer@...> wrote:

Barry   About 3 or 4 years ago, I brought you the engine from my FOR that had TOO MUCH oil pressure.  You tries to remove the ball and spring from the pressure relief valve, but no go.so you devised a jig to bore in from the opposite end to get to the part and fix the problem.  Been perfect ever since.   I really missed the FOR and last summer, I bought the FOR back !  The seller is a great guy and has about 25 vehicles in his collection, to include the FOR and a 1954 International cab on a 1 ton Ford chassis with Diesel.   BTW  did you ever install the Packard in a Stude truck --I think that is what you were panning when you repaired my FO

Enjoy your retirement and remember you are RETIRED.   Everything does NOT have to be done today.  I have been retired many years and think that factor is one thing that has kept me healthy.

Regards   Dick  Schaffer ( I spent my first 11 years on south 4th St in Coplay!.)

On 8/21/2020 7:56 AM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via groups.io wrote:
I have finally retired from driving tractor trailer, and will be rebuilding Crosley engines once more. I also rebuild transmissions, repair water temp gauges, and supply complete Hotshot and Farm-O-Road windshield assemblies. crosley19@...
Barry


Re: engine rebuilding

Richard Schaffer
 

Barry   About 3 or 4 years ago, I brought you the engine from my FOR that had TOO MUCH oil pressure.  You tries to remove the ball and spring from the pressure relief valve, but no go.so you devised a jig to bore in from the opposite end to get to the part and fix the problem.  Been perfect ever since.   I really missed the FOR and last summer, I bought the FOR back !  The seller is a great guy and has about 25 vehicles in his collection, to include the FOR and a 1954 International cab on a 1 ton Ford chassis with Diesel.   BTW  did you ever install the Packard in a Stude truck --I think that is what you were panning when you repaired my FO

Enjoy your retirement and remember you are RETIRED.   Everything does NOT have to be done today.  I have been retired many years and think that factor is one thing that has kept me healthy.

Regards   Dick  Schaffer ( I spent my first 11 years on south 4th St in Coplay!.)

On 8/21/2020 7:56 AM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via groups.io wrote:
I have finally retired from driving tractor trailer, and will be rebuilding Crosley engines once more. I also rebuild transmissions, repair water temp gauges, and supply complete Hotshot and Farm-O-Road windshield assemblies. crosley19@...
Barry


Re: engine rebuilding

David
 

Congratulations on retirement!  I have missed your engine work…welcome back.  I have had a terrible time finding someone capable to work on our little engines!

 

David

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Jim Bollman
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 5:04 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] engine rebuilding

 

Congratulations on your retirement Barry. I’m sure you will be as busy as you want to be now that you have opened the flood gates with your announcement.

 

Jim...



On Aug 21, 2020, at 7:56 AM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via groups.io <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:

 

I have finally retired from driving tractor trailer, and will be rebuilding Crosley engines once more. I also rebuild transmissions, repair water temp gauges, and supply complete Hotshot and Farm-O-Road windshield assemblies. crosley19@...
Barry

 

 

481 - 500 of 39037