Date   

That Le Mans Special

Jaks
 



https://bringatrailer.com/search/crosley/


Re: BaT: Two Crosleys - 50 Wagon OR and 47 Conv CA

seb fontana
 

Cute.


Re: BaT: Two Crosleys - 50 Wagon OR and 47 Conv CA

Tim Hamblen
 

Not like that but I make a cover for that area on all my cars. It clamps to the water pump and hangs out over the pump shaft. Keeps the leaking coolant from spraying all over the engine room.


Latest on 2020 CAC National Virtual Meet

Jim Bollman
 

As hopefully everyone knows by now the live Nationals were canceled, we are working hard to make the best we can out of this year by putting on a Virtual Show and if we can get all the pieces in place some videos to replace some of the demonstrations and such that were planned.

To participate in the show and or vote for best of each class you must be a member of Crosley Auto Club and register for $5.
The show and videos will be posted on the club website for al to view.

Full info on the club website.
Here is the Registration Form
Here is the Virtual Meet Flyer

Jim...


Re: BaT: Two Crosleys - 50 Wagon OR and 47 Conv CA

L.E. Hardee
 

The descriptions and the comments on these two Crosleys are indeed interesting although for the most part quite lacking in actual Crosley facts.   I did see something that I had never seen before in the engine pictures of the convertible.  There was a guard between the generator and the waterpump shielding the shaft coupling.  Has anyone seen one before.  It kinda looks like it was made from a tin can to me but with Crosley anything is possible.  BTW, there was this huge debate in the comment section about whether the cast iron block was a COBRA as called out in the description or a CIBA.  LOL.


On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 8:01 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
I believe the motor in the wagon is a Barry Seel motor. That is exactly how he paints them. If so, there is a couple grand worth of motor there.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 7:47 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
No Reserve: 1950 Crosley Station Wagon Project
The 1950 wagon is a partially done restoration that needs fininshing - no bid so far.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-crosley-station-wagon/

1947 Crosley CC Convertible
The 1947 Convertible is restored and looks nice, not everything is right but close. - current big $2200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1947-crosley-convertible/

Comments on Bat auctions are always fun to read. If you register you can add comments.

Jim... 


Re: BaT: Two Crosleys - 50 Wagon OR and 47 Conv CA

crosleyshortsport
 

I believe the motor in the wagon is a Barry Seel motor. That is exactly how he paints them. If so, there is a couple grand worth of motor there.


On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 7:47 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
No Reserve: 1950 Crosley Station Wagon Project
The 1950 wagon is a partially done restoration that needs fininshing - no bid so far.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-crosley-station-wagon/

1947 Crosley CC Convertible
The 1947 Convertible is restored and looks nice, not everything is right but close. - current big $2200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1947-crosley-convertible/

Comments on Bat auctions are always fun to read. If you register you can add comments.

Jim... 


BaT: Two Crosleys - 50 Wagon OR and 47 Conv CA

Jim Bollman
 

No Reserve: 1950 Crosley Station Wagon Project
The 1950 wagon is a partially done restoration that needs fininshing - no bid so far.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-crosley-station-wagon/

1947 Crosley CC Convertible
The 1947 Convertible is restored and looks nice, not everything is right but close. - current big $2200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1947-crosley-convertible/

Comments on Bat auctions are always fun to read. If you register you can add comments.

Jim... 


Re: Adapter plate Crofton Starter

Ed Limke
 
Edited

om: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lloyd Lautzenhiser
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 7:38 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] More Info On Canceled Meet

 

James:
Actually I have one which I had rebuilt but it still will not turn the engine.  The engine has been rebuilt so it is stiff but certainly not locked up.  I am going to pull the starter off and try to figure out what is happening.  I thought I would take a very long shot and see if another Crofton starter is out there. 

Thanks for your help. 

Lloyd  

  

On the Adapter plate look for a O stamped this has to be on the out side . The starter will not engage. ED

 

 

 

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of James Dlapa
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2020 9:51 AM
To:
Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] More Info On Canceled Meet

 

Hi Lloyd, are you completely missing one? As a rebuild one one would be the easiest option. If not I have attached a picture of the autolite part number that might help you source one. There is also a cast aluminum adapter plate that is needed, do not have mine readily available. Hope this helps

 

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 8:01 AM Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Jim:
I disagree with Tim and believe we can all walk and chew gum at the same time.  This club is about far more than crankshafts and spark plugs.  We truly care about each other’s joys and sorrows.  It is my fervent hope that by our listening to Drs. Fuici and Birx rather than the “other side” that the sorrows can hopefully be lessened.  This is no time to invoke the ostrich model. 

 

On the “crankshafts and sparkplugs” side, does anyone know where I can find a Crofton starter?  As I understand it, the Crosley starter is not compatible.

Lloyd       

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Bollman
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:21 PM
To:
Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] More Info On Canceled Meet

 

I thought it fair to the members to go over some of the reason the National have been canceled. In the end each director had their own reasons for their vote, but these are some of the facts that were presented during the meeting.

http://crosleyautoclub.com/#Meet

Jim...


Re: Registration For Virtual Show

Steve
 

If you own a Crosley, you are honorable and you are a star. Never seen a Crosley I didn't like. 



Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: James Hudson <jamespart7@...>
Date: 6/3/20 7:50 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Registration For Virtual Show

Thank you for keeping us up to date on this and thank you so much for putting in the effort for the online show. I sent in my registration some time ago and I'm looking forward to it. I think I have a good shot at an "honorable mention"-aim for the stars!


Re: Registration For Virtual Show

James Hudson
 

Thank you for keeping us up to date on this and thank you so much for putting in the effort for the online show. I sent in my registration some time ago and I'm looking forward to it. I think I have a good shot at an "honorable mention"-aim for the stars!


car show wisconsin

Brian Dlapa
 

the car show in marrinett is still on as of now was listed in the quarterly


Re: Cancelled National - Illinois Meet Hopeful - Worry about Speed Limit

Terrance Robinson
 

RE: the comment:

Why are Crosley people so concerned with personal safety who drive Crosleys on public streets!

Terry

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 8:09 PM Steve <brawnybug@...> wrote:

Dave,

You worry about 50 mph speed limit in Florida?  I’d worry about 35 mph.  If the speed limit in Florida is 50, people are driving 75 mph. 

 

Don,

We are holding onto hope for our Illinois Region Meet this year.

 

-Steve M.

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Spock Arnold via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 7:32 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] National Meet Has Been Canceled for 2020

 

Don, the only time I get concerned is on highways and streets with a 50 +mph speed.  

 

On Jun 2, 2020 8:17 PM, "Don Pitchford via groups.io" <w9ebk=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I may be in the minority but I'm happy that you made the decision to cancel and do a virtual show. Due to the date and location of the National meet Claudia and I have little chance of attending. With the threat of a virtual show this year, we went ahead and registered about a month ago. We figured if the National meet went virtual it would give us a chance to participate the same as everyone else. Our guess was correct and we are looking forward to sending you a photo of one of our Crosleys and getting a dash plaque, just like we were there. We will be sure to wear out T-shirts that weekend.

 

I know this had to be a tough decision, but I'm glad you erred on the side of caution. I hope things are back to "normal" in time for the Illinois Regional in September.

 

I am compelled to ask one tongue in cheek question. When did people who drive Crosley automobiles on public streets become concerned about their personal safety?

 

Don Pitchford

 

 

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 06:22:17 PM CDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

 

 

UPDATE : CROSLEY AUTOMOBILE CLUB NATIONAL MEET:
Please read entire post.
Today our club president, Board members, my co-chair and myself held a zoom meeting to decide on the status of the national meet in Wauseon, Ohio. After an hour and a half of listening to everyone and their ideas and concerns, we have unanimously decided to cancel our national meet for 2020. However, Please support and be a participant in our on line show. PRE-REGISTRATION is continuing , please send your $5 along with your information and the car you would like to show to Janyne Smith. YOU MUST BE A NATIONAL CLUB MEMBER to submit your photo entry and you must PRE-REGISTER for the show to be able to vote and receive the 2020 dash plaque. The on line show will still take place the second week of July. If you have already pre-registered and sent money for camping, banquet, or vending, it will be refunded to you. Our web master, Jim Bollman is working on the best way for you to submit your photo entries on line, and we are working on the best way to handle voting. All pre-registration packets will be mailed to you AND all trophies will be mailed after the votes are counted. We will update everyone soon, as to how the on line submissions and voting will work. I know that Jim will do an excellent job listing the show winners on our club web site and our club editors will do an excellent job with these submissions in the Fall quarterly. Even through these troubled times "The Vision Continues" now and into the future as our younger members continue to show interest in working on and driving our beloved Crosleys.
Respectfully,
Jeffrey Ackerman
Chairman of the meet

 



--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."   
                                                                            President Dwight D. Eisenhower 
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630


Cancelled National - Illinois Meet Hopeful - Worry about Speed Limit

Steve
 

Dave,

You worry about 50 mph speed limit in Florida?  I’d worry about 35 mph.  If the speed limit in Florida is 50, people are driving 75 mph. 

 

Don,

We are holding onto hope for our Illinois Region Meet this year.

 

-Steve M.

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Spock Arnold via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 7:32 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] National Meet Has Been Canceled for 2020

 

Don, the only time I get concerned is on highways and streets with a 50 +mph speed.  

 

On Jun 2, 2020 8:17 PM, "Don Pitchford via groups.io" <w9ebk@...> wrote:

I may be in the minority but I'm happy that you made the decision to cancel and do a virtual show. Due to the date and location of the National meet Claudia and I have little chance of attending. With the threat of a virtual show this year, we went ahead and registered about a month ago. We figured if the National meet went virtual it would give us a chance to participate the same as everyone else. Our guess was correct and we are looking forward to sending you a photo of one of our Crosleys and getting a dash plaque, just like we were there. We will be sure to wear out T-shirts that weekend.

 

I know this had to be a tough decision, but I'm glad you erred on the side of caution. I hope things are back to "normal" in time for the Illinois Regional in September.

 

I am compelled to ask one tongue in cheek question. When did people who drive Crosley automobiles on public streets become concerned about their personal safety?

 

Don Pitchford

 

 

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 06:22:17 PM CDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

 

 

UPDATE : CROSLEY AUTOMOBILE CLUB NATIONAL MEET:
Please read entire post.
Today our club president, Board members, my co-chair and myself held a zoom meeting to decide on the status of the national meet in Wauseon, Ohio. After an hour and a half of listening to everyone and their ideas and concerns, we have unanimously decided to cancel our national meet for 2020. However, Please support and be a participant in our on line show. PRE-REGISTRATION is continuing , please send your $5 along with your information and the car you would like to show to Janyne Smith. YOU MUST BE A NATIONAL CLUB MEMBER to submit your photo entry and you must PRE-REGISTER for the show to be able to vote and receive the 2020 dash plaque. The on line show will still take place the second week of July. If you have already pre-registered and sent money for camping, banquet, or vending, it will be refunded to you. Our web master, Jim Bollman is working on the best way for you to submit your photo entries on line, and we are working on the best way to handle voting. All pre-registration packets will be mailed to you AND all trophies will be mailed after the votes are counted. We will update everyone soon, as to how the on line submissions and voting will work. I know that Jim will do an excellent job listing the show winners on our club web site and our club editors will do an excellent job with these submissions in the Fall quarterly. Even through these troubled times "The Vision Continues" now and into the future as our younger members continue to show interest in working on and driving our beloved Crosleys.
Respectfully,
Jeffrey Ackerman
Chairman of the meet

 


Re: National Meet Has Been Canceled for 2020

Spock Arnold
 

Don, the only time I get concerned is on highways and streets with a 50 +mph speed.  

On Jun 2, 2020 8:17 PM, "Don Pitchford via groups.io" <w9ebk@...> wrote:
I may be in the minority but I'm happy that you made the decision to cancel and do a virtual show. Due to the date and location of the National meet Claudia and I have little chance of attending. With the threat of a virtual show this year, we went ahead and registered about a month ago. We figured if the National meet went virtual it would give us a chance to participate the same as everyone else. Our guess was correct and we are looking forward to sending you a photo of one of our Crosleys and getting a dash plaque, just like we were there. We will be sure to wear out T-shirts that weekend.

I know this had to be a tough decision, but I'm glad you erred on the side of caution. I hope things are back to "normal" in time for the Illinois Regional in September.

I am compelled to ask one tongue in cheek question. When did people who drive Crosley automobiles on public streets become concerned about their personal safety?

Don Pitchford


On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 06:22:17 PM CDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:


UPDATE : CROSLEY AUTOMOBILE CLUB NATIONAL MEET:
Please read entire post.
Today our club president, Board members, my co-chair and myself held a zoom meeting to decide on the status of the national meet in Wauseon, Ohio. After an hour and a half of listening to everyone and their ideas and concerns, we have unanimously decided to cancel our national meet for 2020. However, Please support and be a participant in our on line show. PRE-REGISTRATION is continuing , please send your $5 along with your information and the car you would like to show to Janyne Smith. YOU MUST BE A NATIONAL CLUB MEMBER to submit your photo entry and you must PRE-REGISTER for the show to be able to vote and receive the 2020 dash plaque. The on line show will still take place the second week of July. If you have already pre-registered and sent money for camping, banquet, or vending, it will be refunded to you. Our web master, Jim Bollman is working on the best way for you to submit your photo entries on line, and we are working on the best way to handle voting. All pre-registration packets will be mailed to you AND all trophies will be mailed after the votes are counted. We will update everyone soon, as to how the on line submissions and voting will work. I know that Jim will do an excellent job listing the show winners on our club web site and our club editors will do an excellent job with these submissions in the Fall quarterly. Even through these troubled times "The Vision Continues" now and into the future as our younger members continue to show interest in working on and driving our beloved Crosleys.
Respectfully,
Jeffrey Ackerman
Chairman of the meet


Re: National Meet Has Been Canceled for 2020

Don Pitchford
 

I may be in the minority but I'm happy that you made the decision to cancel and do a virtual show. Due to the date and location of the National meet Claudia and I have little chance of attending. With the threat of a virtual show this year, we went ahead and registered about a month ago. We figured if the National meet went virtual it would give us a chance to participate the same as everyone else. Our guess was correct and we are looking forward to sending you a photo of one of our Crosleys and getting a dash plaque, just like we were there. We will be sure to wear out T-shirts that weekend.

I know this had to be a tough decision, but I'm glad you erred on the side of caution. I hope things are back to "normal" in time for the Illinois Regional in September.

I am compelled to ask one tongue in cheek question. When did people who drive Crosley automobiles on public streets become concerned about their personal safety?

Don Pitchford


On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 06:22:17 PM CDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:


UPDATE : CROSLEY AUTOMOBILE CLUB NATIONAL MEET:
Please read entire post.
Today our club president, Board members, my co-chair and myself held a zoom meeting to decide on the status of the national meet in Wauseon, Ohio. After an hour and a half of listening to everyone and their ideas and concerns, we have unanimously decided to cancel our national meet for 2020. However, Please support and be a participant in our on line show. PRE-REGISTRATION is continuing , please send your $5 along with your information and the car you would like to show to Janyne Smith. YOU MUST BE A NATIONAL CLUB MEMBER to submit your photo entry and you must PRE-REGISTER for the show to be able to vote and receive the 2020 dash plaque. The on line show will still take place the second week of July. If you have already pre-registered and sent money for camping, banquet, or vending, it will be refunded to you. Our web master, Jim Bollman is working on the best way for you to submit your photo entries on line, and we are working on the best way to handle voting. All pre-registration packets will be mailed to you AND all trophies will be mailed after the votes are counted. We will update everyone soon, as to how the on line submissions and voting will work. I know that Jim will do an excellent job listing the show winners on our club web site and our club editors will do an excellent job with these submissions in the Fall quarterly. Even through these troubled times "The Vision Continues" now and into the future as our younger members continue to show interest in working on and driving our beloved Crosleys.
Respectfully,
Jeffrey Ackerman
Chairman of the meet


Re: Registration For Virtual Show

Jim Bollman
 

We will be posting the rules and procedures for submitting photos for the Virtual Show in the next day or so, we are just cleaning up a few rough edges. The new registration form has had some minor changes made to it again today and it is on the club website. Only think that changed this time is the wrong spot light class for next year was mentioned and a PayPal address was added if you want to fill out the registration form and eMail it in and pay electronically. You should wait till you get your registration package before you take your pictures since the picture for the show will need your window placard showing. You will be encouraged to send in additional photos that the Quarterly editor will have to sort through for publication.

Jim...

On Jun 1, 2020, at 6:19 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

How do we get the $5 sent if we want to register on line?  I see that we can email the form, but how do we send the money?
Mike S


Re: Registration For Virtual Show

Tim Hamblen
 

Thanks Jim.


Re: Registration For Virtual Show

Jim Bollman
 

Just because of the number of entries we may get and the time to assembled them on to a web page we are limiting to one picture per entry, pick the picture that shows off your car the most. If you send in more than one we will pick. 

Jim...

On Jun 1, 2020, at 8:16 PM, Tim Hamblen via groups.io <flinttim@...> wrote:

Also, how many pictures of each entry ?


Re: Registration For Virtual Show

Jim Bollman
 

We are meeting tomorrow to sort out more details hold off till I can post more info. I probably jumped the gun putting up the new form. I think the plan will be that Jayne will send out registration packets with your registration number and you will use that as part of sending in the pictures. One suggestion is to use the window placard that would have been used in the real show in the photo but the details have not been argued out yet.

Jim…

On Jun 1, 2020, at 8:12 PM, Tim Hamblen via groups.io <flinttim@...> wrote:

Jim, I went ahead and sent my registration in yesterday before the registration thing changed. Should I just wait as few days and send my virtual entry ?


Re: More Info On Canceled Meet

Lloyd Lautzenhiser
 
Edited

James:
Actually I have one which I had rebuilt but it still will not turn the engine.  The engine has been rebuilt so it is stiff but certainly not locked up.  I am going to pull the starter off and try to figure out what is happening.  I thought I would take a very long shot and see if another Crofton starter is out there. 

Thanks for your help. 

Lloyd  

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of James Dlapa
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2020 9:51 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] More Info On Canceled Meet

 

Hi Lloyd, are you completely missing one? As a rebuild one one would be the easiest option. If not I have attached a picture of the autolite part number that might help you source one. There is also a cast aluminum adapter plate that is needed, do not have mine readily available. Hope this helps

 

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 8:01 AM Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Jim:
I disagree with Tim and believe we can all walk and chew gum at the same time.  This club is about far more than crankshafts and spark plugs.  We truly care about each other’s joys and sorrows.  It is my fervent hope that by our listening to Drs. Fuici and Birx rather than the “other side” that the sorrows can hopefully be lessened.  This is no time to invoke the ostrich model. 

 

On the “crankshafts and sparkplugs” side, does anyone know where I can find a Crofton starter?  As I understand it, the Crosley starter is not compatible.

Lloyd       

 

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Bollman
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:21 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] More Info On Canceled Meet

 

I thought it fair to the members to go over some of the reason the National have been canceled. In the end each director had their own reasons for their vote, but these are some of the facts that were presented during the meeting.

http://crosleyautoclub.com/#Meet

Jim...

901 - 920 of 39180