Date   
Re: 1951 wagon for sale

christopher cochrane
 

Do we have any pics

On Feb 11, 2019, at 3:20 PM, Jeff J Worley via Groups.Io <worleyworld2003@...> wrote:

I bought this wagon for my dad about 10 years ago it was complete and prob would run and drive as it was. He was pretty excited and took it all apart and had it dipped. It has very little rust and I found it in NM we hauled it to Oregon. It's about 20 Mike's south of Eugene. He had just started on the car and his health problems started. It's been in the garage  disassembled since. His number is 541-942-4272 it has a good title  like to get 2,000 but would consider reasonable offers  my email is worleyworld2003 "at" yahoo.com I have quite a few pictures.

fyi

Joe La Placa <joecorvette66@...>
 

Crosley_Hotshot

34. Crosley Hotshot

The Crosley Hotshot was assembled in Marion, Indiana from 1949 – 1952

Re: fyi

Randy
 

Great looking HotShot . . . .  beautiful

windshield channel and MG trans adapter

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>
 

I have access to the channel. It has really gone up in price. It is a hand drawn extrusion, and the tig welded.   I also have an MG ribbed case trans adapter. I will loan it out for someone to copy, but I want a $500.00 deposit, and will return the deposit when it is returned to me. The Crosley flywheel has to be turned down and have an MG ring gear installed. It will then use the MG starter also.
Barry

Re: windshield channel and MG trans adapter

James Dlapa
 

Do you have an estimate on the channel cost? PleAse pm me @

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 1:23 PM BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via Groups.Io <CROSLEY19=AOL.COM@groups.io> wrote:
I have access to the channel. It has really gone up in price. It is a hand drawn extrusion, and the tig welded.   I also have an MG ribbed case trans adapter. I will loan it out for someone to copy, but I want a $500.00 deposit, and will return the deposit when it is returned to me. The Crosley flywheel has to be turned down and have an MG ring gear installed. It will then use the MG starter also.
Barry

Re: windshield channel and MG trans adapter

PATRICIA GRITTI
 

The original VC windshield frame uses brass upper corners & brass lower corner/ mounting brackets. will the substitute channel work with the original corners & brackets?

On February 15, 2019 at 4:23 PM "BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via Groups.Io" <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:

I have access to the channel. It has really gone up in price. It is a hand drawn extrusion, and the tig welded.   I also have an MG ribbed case trans adapter. I will loan it out for someone to copy, but I want a $500.00 deposit, and will return the deposit when it is returned to me. The Crosley flywheel has to be turned down and have an MG ring gear installed. It will then use the MG starter also.
Barry

 

Re: Engine help

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>
 

The crank may be blasted with ground walnut shells in a blast cabinet. Be sure to roto rooter all the oil galleries with a stainless round brush that fits the holes. The the crank can be polished with crocus cloth. ONLY CROCUS CLOTH!!!! Most machine shops have this capability

Re: windshield channel and MG trans adapter

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>
 

Don, the tooling is getting worn for the channels.Chuck and I had found a way to open the inside hole, and we still had to grind the bronze post to get it to fit. I would not recommend antbody to try it themselves, as they will break the post off the lower mount.
Barry

Crosley H-Mod prototype

Jbromagen317@...
 

So I picked up this Crosley. All I know about it is that it's a Crosley H Modified Prototype. Can anyone educate me on these?

Re: Crosley H-Mod prototype

Spock Arnold
 

Very neat piece.  I love it.  If you dont get an answer from the group, and I think you may, try contacting Geoff Hacker from Forgotten Fiberglass in Florida.  He specializes in finding and restoring these vehicles.

Re: Crosley H-Mod prototype

crosleyshortsport
 

Very cool !  I am not well educated on the fiberglass bodies, here is a photo of what must be one of the finest. I saw this similar one, two years ago in California.


On Sun, Feb 17, 2019, 8:17 AM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Very neat piece.  I love it.  If you dont get an answer from the group, and I think you may, try contacting Geoff Hacker from Forgotten Fiberglass in Florida.  He specializes in finding and restoring these vehicles.

Re: Crosley H-Mod prototype

crosleyshortsport
 

Here is the photo I referred to .


On Sun, Feb 17, 2019, 9:05 AM crosleyshortsport via Groups.Io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io wrote:
Very cool !  I am not well educated on the fiberglass bodies, here is a photo of what must be one of the finest. I saw this similar one, two years ago in California.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019, 8:17 AM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Very neat piece.  I love it.  If you dont get an answer from the group, and I think you may, try contacting Geoff Hacker from Forgotten Fiberglass in Florida.  He specializes in finding and restoring these vehicles.

Re: Crosley H-Mod prototype

Terrance Robinson
 
Edited

Please restore this beautiful find--looks like a Jaguar--Terry


On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:55 AM <Jbromagen317@...> wrote:
So I picked up this Crosley. All I know about it is that it's a Crosley H Modified Prototype. Can anyone educate me on these?



--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."   
                                                                            President Dwight D. Eisenhower 
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630

Modified Hot Shot came home, with tons of spares

Mike P
 

Hello,

My Hot Shot that I found on bringatrailer.com made it's way to CT.
The previous owner, Hugh Heishman, had a Crosley dealership in about 1950, then one of the first Porsche dealerships, in VA. He built and raced Crosleys, Porsches, and others (Owned Z28 #1 which ran in Trans Am in '67) and built this car himself. I don't have a lot of info, so I posted pictures of the spares etc. It should be a public posting, feel free to comment.

It's not running well, backfiring a lot, and won't stay in 2nd or 3rd gear so it needs some sorting/finishing. Engine sounds great mechanically. It seems to be built EXTREMELY well and when the carb kicks in, it seems quite powerful and wants to rev! Will post pictures of the car's mods and systems later.

thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/mike.piera/posts/10157113332176263


Regards, mike piera ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~ guitar effects

AnalogMike@...

My racing website : http://www.analogman.com/911

'73 911RS, '08 GT3 cup, '01 Viper GTS, '74 Lotus Europa Special, '15 Audi S3, '06 MiniCooperS, '04 TowRig, '50 Crosley Hot Shot

Re: Modified Hot Shot came home, with tons of spares

Butch
 

Congratulations on your new purchase. Before having much concern about the engine running rough, run it thru several heat & cool cycles, things have a tendency of loosening up and reseating themselves.

As far as the tranny, not staying in second and third gear, rebuilding shifters is quite a common repair procedure.

Butch

On 2/17/2019 8:53 PM, Mike Piera via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello,

My Hot Shot that I found on bringatrailer.com made it's way to CT.
The previous owner, Hugh Heishman, had a Crosley dealership in about 1950, then one of the first Porsche dealerships, in VA. He built and raced Crosleys, Porsches, and others (Owned Z28 #1 which ran in Trans Am in '67) and built this car himself. I don't have a lot of info, so I posted pictures of the spares etc. It should be a public posting, feel free to comment.

It's not running well, backfiring a lot, and won't stay in 2nd or 3rd gear so it needs some sorting/finishing. Engine sounds great mechanically. It seems to be built EXTREMELY well and when the carb kicks in, it seems quite powerful and wants to rev! Will post pictures of the car's mods and systems later.

thanks!



Regards, mike piera ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~ guitar effects

AnalogMike@...

My racing website : http://www.analogman.com/911

'73 911RS, '08 GT3 cup, '01 Viper GTS, '74 Lotus Europa Special, '15 Audi S3, '06 MiniCooperS, '04 TowRig, '50 Crosley Hot Shot


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: Modified Hot Shot came home, with tons of spares

fred@...
 

If you haven't already done so, join the Crosley Automobile Club - worth every bit of the $20/year.  Great buy!

2019 Crosley Nationals Schedule Posted

Jim Bollman
 

I have put a summary of the events planned for the 2019 Nationals on the CAC web page and you can download the 2 page PDF of the schedule.

http://crosleyautoclub.com/#Meet
http://crosleyautoclub.com/2019_MeetInfo/2019NationalMeetSchedule.pdf

Officially the meet is July 11-13 but the first event on the schedule is for Monday evening the 8th so come early if  you can and spend the whole week. Our plans are to pull in sometime Monday morning.

Jim...

Good article on Hemmings

Steve Perry
 

2019 Crosley Nationals Registration Form Posted

Jim Bollman
 

Here is a printable Registration Form for the 2019 Nationals.

http://crosleyautoclub.com/2019_MeetInfo/2019RegistrationForm.pdf

Jim...

Checkout The Old Motor Site

Jim Bollman
 

I checkout this site must every morning and had a surprise on what he posted yesterday.
http://theoldmotor.com/?p=174305

Jim...