Date   
Re: Need to get new Vin # id tag

Butch
 

Bill,

It's still this same one, butch46988@.... I've just been incredibly busy, trying to get our other house, finished and ready to sell.

I've not forgotten your "other project" either, just haven't been able to take/make time to finish it. I promise to do that soon.

The Tag stamping equipment, is still mine (and another friend's, jointly). For that reason, it was not attached to and did not go with, Service Motors.

Butch

On 9/5/2017 6:18 AM, checkerthree via Groups.Io wrote:
I need one too
Anybody know Butches new  eMail??


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Seat Covers

Ken Acheson
 

I need to get seat covers for my CC and the phone number for Jerry is disconnected is there any other number to contact him

Re: Seat Covers

jerry Erickson
 

Call me at 605-413-8367  Jerry Erickson


On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Ken Acheson
<jesse@...> wrote:
I need to get seat covers for my CC and the phone number for Jerry is disconnected is there any other number to contact him

window regulators to glass 1950cd 1 piece glass

Frank <frank@...>
 

Hello, My drives side window cracked and I had a new on cut. Now how does it connect to the regulator. If I push the pins thru and put on the hairpin clips, the window" falls in".
Do the spring pins slide into the track at the bottom of the glass? I tried and they seem too tight to fit in and almost impossable to do. I am stumped. My passenger window does the sam thing, but not as bad. I did put in all new u channels.
Frank near Tampa Florida ( st.pete) Lets hope the storm stays out in the atlantic. 

Frank@...

Re: window regulators to glass 1950cd 1 piece glass

L.E. Hardee
 

Of all the Crosleys I have, none are one piece roll ups, so I can't answer your question.  I just want to agree with you about Hurricane Irma.   It looks like a bad one.  We don't want her to visit North Carolina either.  I think she is going to visit a lot of us, wanted or not.  Let's move all those Crosleys to safe ground, You hear?

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Frank <frank@...> wrote:
Hello, My drives side window cracked and I had a new on cut. Now how does it connect to the regulator. If I push the pins thru and put on the hairpin clips, the window" falls in".
Do the spring pins slide into the track at the bottom of the glass? I tried and they seem too tight to fit in and almost impossable to do. I am stumped. My passenger window does the sam thing, but not as bad. I did put in all new u channels.
Frank near Tampa Florida ( st.pete) Lets hope the storm stays out in the atlantic. 

Frank@...


crosleys for sale

Richard Nelson
 

I have two Crosleys under my barn. One is a car rebodied in steel in the 1950's in California. The other is a TQ Midget. I want $3,500.00 for the two of them. Engines run, good paint, lights work ,both are 12 volt systems. I can be reached at 508-333-3873 or sixfootpooka28@.... vehicles are in Massachusetts.

Voice of America Museum Announced Crosley Exhibit

Jim Bollman
 

Our friend Dan Strohl has an announcement for the new Powel Crosley exhibit at the Voice of America Museum in the Hemmings Blog. The exhibit is starting on September 23. Dan has written a nice biography of Powel with photos as part of the announcement.
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/09/07/first-permanent-exhibit-dedicated-to-the-inventions-of-powel-crosley-to-open-at-voice-of-america-museum/?refer=news

Jim...

Re: crosleys for sale

Gary Cochrane
 

To good to be true??

On Thursday, September 7, 2017, 5:22:51 AM PDT, Richard Nelson via Groups.Io <sixfootpooka28@...> wrote:


I have two Crosleys under my barn. One is a car rebodied in steel in the 1950's in California. The other is a TQ Midget. I want $3,500.00 for the two of them. Engines run, good paint, lights work ,both are 12 volt systems. I can be reached at 508-333-3873 or sixfootpooka28@.... vehicles are in Massachusetts.

This Sunday - Illinois Region Meet - Utica, IL

Steve
 

It’s only 2 days away.  This Sunday, Sept. 10, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., it’s the Illinois Region Meet.  Downtown Utica, IL in Danny Carey Memorial Park.  Come to the biggest show of little cars this side of the Illinois-Mississippi Canal.  Noon potluck.  Contact Steve Miller for more information.  brawnybug@...

 

Re: crofton broshure

dkduster70@...
 

I know this is an old listing, but do you still have the Crofton brochure available, or does anybody else have one that I could buy? Thanks

Crosley parts

Kevin Church <klchurch59@...>
 

I have the last of my dad's crosley part listed on eBay. Take a look. Actually that's all I seem to get is lookers. Need some buyer's now. I don't think my prices are that high.
Anyway, thanks
Steelshape  

Re: Crosley parts

Dave Shipman
 

Well in my dealings with selling over 20k worth of stuff on ebay, may I suggest you sell the items on a "no reserve" auctions and let the buyer decide whats he/she is willing to pay for your items and not what you think they are worth. Just my two cents worth if you really want your items sold and not just looked at... best wishes on selling your Dads stuff!!!

Re: crosleys for sale

Dave Shipman
 
Edited

Where's an extra 3,500 bucks when you need it! I'd be knockin down your barn door to get ahold of those FINE CARS!!!

Re: crosleys for sale

crosleyshortsport
 

These cars are sold and have been picked up.

On Sep 10, 2017 3:27 AM, "Dave Shipman" <officershipman@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Where's an extra 3,500 bucks when you need it! I'd be knockin down your barn door to get ahold of those FINE CARS!!!

Re: Crosley dress up/performance

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>
 

Dave (Chuck's son) is so busy, he doesn't have the time to even find everything yet in the garage.
Barry

Windshield

Ken Acheson
 

I need the chrome strip for the windshield that goes between the glass on CC  Anyone have one in good shape?

Re: Seat Covers

Junkyard4
 

This message is for Jerry Erickson. I've sent you an email and left you a voicemail about buying a new interior for my 1946 Crosley sedan. I haven't gotten any response. Can you please email or call me back?
Thanks,
Paul
847-508-3634

From: jerry Erickson via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 3:37 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Seat Covers

Call me at 605-413-8367 Jerry Erickson


Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android


On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Ken Acheson
<jesse@...> wrote:
I need to get seat covers for my CC and the phone number for Jerry is disconnected is there any other number to contact him

How to properly "ground" CC gas tank?

Paul C
 

Hello all.

Have a 48 CC with a repaired and sealed gas tank ready to go back in.  It is one with the two external metal straps holding it in place.

I've put a new sender in the tank already.   I've painted both the tank and the straps also.  I'm still on the original 6V positive ground system as well if that matters.

I've got the one wire for the post on the sender all set to go.

How to I properly "ground" the tank shell to the body?  Should there be a wire?   Or did the straps originally ground the tank?

I could add a wire from the body to a screw on the sender also if need be... just unsure that is necessary.

I've seen some other older cars that have a rivet in the cardboard/asphalt insulating gasket that sometimes goes between the straps and the tank for grounding, but I don't have any originals to inspect for the Crosley.  Checked the manuals, but I don't see this detailed.

Thanks for you insights.

Paul

Re: How to properly "ground" CC gas tank?

crosleyshortsport
 

Paul,  The screws that secure the sending unit to the tank will ground it, as long as you did not use sealant around the screws. If you did and I suggest it, you must run a groundwire from the top of the sending unit to the frame. If you feel comfortable with the gasket you used and the screws holding the sending unit touch the unit securely, you can be sure to get a good ground between the straps and body, so long as you make sure that where the strap and body meet are bare metal and always use a little dielectric grease at every ground piont. As an old Crosley guy taught me many years ago, "If anything electrical on a Crosley is not working, check your grounds, check your grounds, check your grounds"  When I finished up a restoration on a Crosley that had been 95 % completed by a professional, none of the electrical worked. The paint was fabulous everywhere. I pulled every ground point and ground the areas to the metal, applied some dielectric grease and presto !  Everything came to life !

On Sep 13, 2017 5:06 PM, "Paul C" <pcrane@...> wrote:
Hello all.

Have a 48 CC with a repaired and sealed gas tank ready to go back in.  It is one with the two external metal straps holding it in place.

I've put a new sender in the tank already.   I've painted both the tank and the straps also.  I'm still on the original 6V positive ground system as well if that matters.

I've got the one wire for the post on the sender all set to go.

How to I properly "ground" the tank shell to the body?  Should there be a wire?   Or did the straps originally ground the tank?

I could add a wire from the body to a screw on the sender also if need be... just unsure that is necessary.

I've seen some other older cars that have a rivet in the cardboard/asphalt insulating gasket that sometimes goes between the straps and the tank for grounding, but I don't have any originals to inspect for the Crosley.  Checked the manuals, but I don't see this detailed.

Thanks for you insights.

Paul

Re: How to properly "ground" CC gas tank?

dale@servicemotors.net
 

Hi paul the straps ground the tank.  You can run another wire as a ground also.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2017, at 2:33 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Paul,  The screws that secure the sending unit to the tank will ground it, as long as you did not use sealant around the screws. If you did and I suggest it, you must run a groundwire from the top of the sending unit to the frame. If you feel comfortable with the gasket you used and the screws holding the sending unit touch the unit securely, you can be sure to get a good ground between the straps and body, so long as you make sure that where the strap and body meet are bare metal and always use a little dielectric grease at every ground piont. As an old Crosley guy taught me many years ago, "If anything electrical on a Crosley is not working, check your grounds, check your grounds, check your grounds"  When I finished up a restoration on a Crosley that had been 95 % completed by a professional, none of the electrical worked. The paint was fabulous everywhere. I pulled every ground point and ground the areas to the metal, applied some dielectric grease and presto !  Everything came to life !

On Sep 13, 2017 5:06 PM, "Paul C" <pcrane@...> wrote:
Hello all.

Have a 48 CC with a repaired and sealed gas tank ready to go back in.  It is one with the two external metal straps holding it in place.

I've put a new sender in the tank already.   I've painted both the tank and the straps also.  I'm still on the original 6V positive ground system as well if that matters.

I've got the one wire for the post on the sender all set to go.

How to I properly "ground" the tank shell to the body?  Should there be a wire?   Or did the straps originally ground the tank?

I could add a wire from the body to a screw on the sender also if need be... just unsure that is necessary.

I've seen some other older cars that have a rivet in the cardboard/asphalt insulating gasket that sometimes goes between the straps and the tank for grounding, but I don't have any originals to inspect for the Crosley.  Checked the manuals, but I don't see this detailed.

Thanks for you insights.

Paul