Re: Coil Spring Rear Axle

Jim Liberty

Thanks Mike. The car has been sitting with the body on for a very long time. I've had it for a few months. The motor will have a military bottom end to accept a PEPCO blower. You don't know me, but I make every attempt to do things right. That said, I don't always succeed.    .......Jim.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 12:27 PM Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
I have mine out right now I will take a picture and send it when I get home.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021, 11:59 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
As I suggest in another thread that is out of Hotshot or Super Sports so it would have tube shocks. I don’t remember where they attached on a VC rear and don’t currently have one. They switched all Crosleys to tube shocks part way through 1949.

On Nov 21, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

Guys, I am converting an early leaf spring rear axle (1948) to a coil spring setup. The later axle (Orange pumpkin) has a perch for the spring. What happens on the bottom for the shock, and top at the frame with the spring and shock.This is a Devin car.  ......Jim.
<DSC_0001.JPG><DSC_0002.JPG><DSC_0003-001.JPG>