Re: Mechanical Brake Rebuild

Jim Liberty

Jim, are you saying the leaf stays in place. Makes sense. I sent out some pics. Could you look and comment please.     ......Jim.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 11:53 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
If you have a real perch on the rear end you must have an axle out of a VC, either Hotshot or Super Sport. They were the only ones that had coils on the back with one leaf to keep things aligned.

On Nov 21, 2021, at 2:07 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

Ron, I wish I had done that. The best solution. Anything that can be done to increase the mechanical downside to this system is a bonus. Dry is the way to go.
Have any of you put a coil spring rear end into an early car. There is a "Perch" on the axle, but not on top of the frame.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 4:02 AM Ron D. <rdole417@...> wrote:
Jim,
   I have not tried this yet, but my thought to lube the brake cables would be to hang them from the garage ceiling, and spray some dry graphite spray in from the top, and slide the outer cover up and down the cable, (many times). I would repeat this process until the graphite started coming out the bottom, thus telling me the entire cable is coated.