Re: Gas Tank Drain Fixture

Jim Liberty

Mine was welded in. I might be concerned with loosening up the rivets.     ........Jim.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 6:44 PM Paula W <paula_whitney@...> wrote:
CAR: 47 Sedan.
Back before I knew we could order new gas tanks, we had our gas tank cleaned and recoated. I had  a strong suspicion that they didn't remove the drain plug, but I forgot to check on that before we installed it. I've siphoned the gas before and that was a trial, hence I'd like to use this drain.

 Do you see any significant issue with me opening it under these circumstances? Any special considerations when I put it back?

If I should stick with siphoning, just say. We've had no gas leaks from this tank, which was in pretty decent condition before we took it in.

Thank you.
Paula

Attachments: