Re: 1947 Round Side Paint ID Help Needed

Jim Liberty

I am new to Crosley too, but not new to restorations. I don't know about paint codes, but you can usually find some evidence in a hidden place on the car. Good luck.     ......Jim.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 8:24 AM wpaxt via groups.io <wpaxt=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have a 1947 Round Side that I am restoring and I need some help with ID'ing the paint. The previous owner had the body media blasted and then covered it with grey primer and a scattershot burgundy topcoat to  keep the metal from rusting.  Therefore I have no evidence of the original color.  The previous owner's mother thought it was yellow which I was guessing might be bamboo yellow.  Is there any sort of a paint code anywhere on the body?  And if not any suggestions as to how to determine the original color?

By the way, this is my first Crosley and the first vehicle I have ever tried to restore.  It takes time but it is really a blast!

Thanks for any help you folks can offer.

Bill in Los Angeles