Re: Fuel Pump question

crosleyshortsport

Pull the top off the fuel pump, check the gasket to be sure it is intact and not crumbled. While the cap is off check the screen to see if it clean or clogged with gook. After cleaning and tightening back down, try it, if it still will not pull fuel up within a few cranks, replace it with a new one from one of our fine vendors.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021, 8:33 PM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
No check the bell gasket on the fuel pump.   Also they should be started at least once a month.

On Aug 26, 2021, at 4:43 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

I put an electric fuel pump in all my cars. Perfect for priming the carb. and an emergency standby. Inexpensive and easy to install. Put a hidden switch under the dash if you hace a show car.     .....Jim.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 12:57 PM <dpaananen52@...> wrote:
If my 52 wagon sits long enough that the carburetor runs dry, I can't get the fuel pump to fill the carburetor bowl.  The starter motor doesn't spin fast enough for it to pump fuel.  Is this a sign that the fuel pump is not up to snuff?  It isn't a big deal to prime the carb , but I also have a slow acceleration situation, and I'm wondering if I should suspect the fuel pump.