Re: Fuel Pump question

dale@servicemotors.net

No check the bell gasket on the fuel pump.   Also they should be started at least once a month.

On Aug 26, 2021, at 4:43 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

I put an electric fuel pump in all my cars. Perfect for priming the carb. and an emergency standby. Inexpensive and easy to install. Put a hidden switch under the dash if you hace a show car.     .....Jim.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 12:57 PM <dpaananen52@...> wrote:
If my 52 wagon sits long enough that the carburetor runs dry, I can't get the fuel pump to fill the carburetor bowl.  The starter motor doesn't spin fast enough for it to pump fuel.  Is this a sign that the fuel pump is not up to snuff?  It isn't a big deal to prime the carb , but I also have a slow acceleration situation, and I'm wondering if I should suspect the fuel pump.