Re: Brake line question

Jim Liberty

Don. my '50 Hotshot has disc brakes, but the lines are the same. There should be a keeper inside the "C" frame. On the left side is a bracket for an oil filter. It is a bear to get a tool in there. ............Jim.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 8:39 AM Don Pitchford via groups.io <w9ebk=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am working on the brakes on my 51 Hot Shot. It has hydraulic drum brakes. The rubber brake line on the passenger side front is collapsed. I ordered a new one from Service Motors. How do I get the old one out of the frame? It's disconnected from the wheel cylinder and steel brake line but I can't get it out of the hole in the frame. I don't want to go beating on it if there's a keeper that I'm overlooking. Will this be obvious when I have the new one in hand? I looked for info on Youtube and the Crosley Automobile website but didn't find anything about it.
Thanks,
Don Pitchford