Re: Oil Filter Help

Jim Bollman

I never saw an engine with HS, are you sure it isn't HC? HC stood for High Compression and was used on at least some of the Quicksilver 10:1 compression engines and were mainly sold as an option in the Hotshot and Super Sports but may have been available in other models. http://crosleyautoclub.com/EngineTree/Crosley_Eng_Tree-2.html

The external oil filter is fed from the front of the oil galley and returned to the crankcase on the spark plug side of the engine. I have attached two pictures that show the feed to the oil filter.

Jim..