sticky Re: Restoration tips for beginners

Jim Liberty

Pat, where did you get the repro conv. top. I'm talking about a '50 Hotshot.    ......Jim.

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 2:00 PM PATRICIA GRITTI <donald-gritti@...> wrote:
a long time ago I bought a set of repro vc top bows at Wauseon market. the guy who sold the bows explained that he made the bows using 3/8" black iron pipe. For the  the ends he added axle ends from an old bicycle frame. More recentlyI bought  a repro canvas top cover. when I put them together they worked fine.

On 05/31/2021 3:50 PM Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

As I am putting together my Crosley Garage column for the Summer Quarterly, I am getting low on Restoration Tips again, I may have enough for Fall Column. So if you have additional Tips just reply to this message and it will be added to the sticky thread at the top of the Crosley-Gang Page for easy reference.

For those that are not members of the Brick & Mortar club I have had a column in the Crosley Auto Club Quarterly magazine for many years that is made up from questions and answers from Crosley-Gang that I think would be useful to members that don't do computers or want their info in hard print. I don't use names, just initials or first names, so don't be bashful. Gabriel suggested the idea of restoration tips for the beginner and I have added them as part of my column. The tips so far have been good for old timers as well as beginners and I thank all that have contributed so far.

More Tips Please.