Re: How many gas porters were produced?

jeff

Ok, Crosley folks, I am listing my Gasporter for sale on Ebay this Sunday. We are moving and I can't take Gasporter No. 185 with us.  Anyone interested,  drop me an email or give me a call at 916.860.9690 in West Sacramento. 
I installed a Fageol 44 engine with rebuilt starter, generator, Carter carburetor,  and radiator.   New radiator hoses, plugs, wires, cap and rotor,  fan belt, key switch,  choke cable, exhaust pipes and muffler.  
Gasporters were manufactured to operate in first or reverse only, as the shift rail for second and third gears was rotated 180 degrees so that you could not engage second or third.  When I rebuilt the transmission I rotated the shift rail so now you can enjoy driving this Gasporter at Crosley speeds.  Gasporters were originally manufactured with a single combination brake/clutch pedal so that every time you stepped on the brake, you also disengaged the clutch.  I added a separate clutch pedal so you could shift into all four gears.  The original Gasporter engine had a governor so it went slow.  I modified the parking brake handle so it now acts as a gas pedal, only operated by hand like a model T.  You can set the throttle at any speed.

So if you want a Gasporter that you can drive in parades or to car shows easily, this is one for you.  Ready to paint your favorite color.  Missing the front grill cover and two engine bay covers.

Jeff

Sent from my jphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 4/22/21 8:38 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] How many gas porters were produced?

Neat ! Please post your progress.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 10:25 AM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I am finishing putting it back together here in West Sacramento.   Attached is a photo before I started on restoration work.

Jeff

Sent from my jphone

Date: 4/22/21 3:25 AM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] How many gas porters were produced?

Jeff with the gas porter, can you list some photos, location and price ? 

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 1:14 AM Richard Mansell <rpmansell@...> wrote:
I would like to see photos and numbers, and location, if I may.
Richard Mansell

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 8:59 PM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
My Gasporter is serial number 185 and is for sale.

Jeff

Sent from my jphone

Date: 4/21/21 8:19 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] How many gas porters were produced?

I do not recall ever seeing any numbers on them. Have only seen two in service in my life.

Join Crosley-Gang@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.