Re: 1950 Hotshot Goodyear Hawley Disc Brakes

Jim Bollman

I have never rebuilt a disc brake system but Service Motors has all the parts including some improvements. I believe they also will completely rebuild your system if you don’t want to tackle them.

Jim…

On May 14, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

Hi guys, I have dismantled the disc brakes on my Hotshot. They were frozen with rust on the piston sleeve. The rubber "O" ring feels pliable. Are there any tricks I need to know in reassembly. I'll switch to DOT - 5 to eliminate water in the system.

I read bad things about this system, anyone with advice, will be much appreciated.  Has anyone switched to drums ???          ...................................Jim.