Re: Disc Brakes

jeff <jeffalyon@...>

It should be connected via a long pull rod to a rotating arm mounted under the torque tube, with two rods linking to the rear disc brake actuator arms.  If this stuff is not present then the previous owner removed it.

Sent from my jphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/3/21 11:01 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Disc Brakes

Got it Jeff. Is there a way to connect the emergency brake. ...........................Jim.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 5:50 PM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Yes, back them off 1/2 to 1 full turn.  Then bleed them,  one at a time,  starting with the furthest one from the master cylinder.   I paid Butch to rebuild all four disc brakes and drill a bleed hole in all four new brake hoses, and I installed new brake lines, fittings, and a master cylinder.   I also installed the last NOS emergency brake handle on the planet.  Go Jim go!

Jeff

Sent from my jphone

Date: 5/2/21 5:41 PM (GMT-08:00)

Thanks Jeff, so I just back them off the caliper while pumping the brake.  I have a Braje twin carb set-up coming with a matching exhaust manifold (Thanks Ed Limke)   Dual exhausts of course.       ..................Jim.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 11:42 AM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Jim, the set on your car are already drilled.  You will see when you remove them.

Jefg

Sent from my jphone

Date: 5/2/21 11:08 AM (GMT-08:00)

Butch, can I send you a set (4) for your professional attention. I will have Dale send them to you if OK.     ......Jim.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 3:28 AM Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jim,

As Jeff mentioned, the only way to bleed those brakes, is thru the hose.

If the caliper end of your hoses are not drilled, I can do it for you.

Butch

On 5/1/2021 8:17 PM, jeff wrote:
Jim, I restored that Hotshot years ago.  I had Butch of Service Motors drill a tiny bleed hole in all four brake hose THREADS, so that you could easily loosen the brake hose connection to the caliper house 1/2 turn to easily bleed the brakes.

Jeff

Date: 5/1/21 5:00 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Disc Brakes

Hey guys, I have disc brakes on my '50 Hotshot. Can someone tell me how to bleed them. There appears to be a grease nipple (Smaller) on the inboard side of the caliper. It has no means for loosening it like on early Porsches.                          ................................Jim.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join Crosley-Gang@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.