Re: 1951 VC Super

crosleyshortsport

Dennis, it is a metal sill with inset screws. You could make them up out of stock aluminum bar stock from tractor supply.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 7:28 PM Dennis Wilkinson <denkath5371@...> wrote:
Thanks! That is what I needed! Is that a piece of wood across the door sill? I would never have thought of that! Is it anything special? That will be an easier fix than I thought if indeed it is wood. I think I might have missed the picture earlier, but thank you for it!   Thanks: Dennis

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 5:33 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
I hope this photo helps

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 5:55 PM Dennis Wilkinson <denkath5371@...> wrote:
Hi Jim: Mine has the bigger square doors and is the Super Sport model and not the hot shot . Your car is definitely looking great! Wish mine looked that good! Thanks for trying to help! Dennis

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 4:11 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Dennis, I am new to Crosley, Here is my Hotshot. I hope this helps, I don't know if it is correct or not.    ....Jim.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 5:29 PM Dennis Wilkinson <denkath5371@...> wrote:
This is a 1951 VC super sport roaster. Could you send me a picture with the door open? Need to see the sill panel. Thanks: Dennis

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 12:40 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
What car Dennis.    ....Jim.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 8:56 AM Dennis Wilkinson <denkath5371@...> wrote:
I was wondering if the door bottoms seal to the body? The floor has been replaced, but there is a gap between the door bottom and the door sill. Don't know if this is right, so was wondering if maybe someone out there could snap a picture of the door sill so I could see what it is supposed to look like? Floors were done before I purchased the car.
Thanks: Dennis   denkath5371@...

Attachments:

Attachments: