Re: West Coast Crosley Club Fall Meet October 15-17 Bakersfield, CA

Jim Liberty

Thanks Rick, that is great news for us in So. Cal.     ........Jim.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 1:15 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
From Rick Alexander<tracplanning@...>.

We are happy to announce that we have confirmed the dates and location for the 2021 West Coast Crosley Club Annual Meeting:
October 15-16-17, in Bakersfield, California!

This will be our first ever trip to this historic city at the southern end of the San Joaquin Valley.  Known worldwide for the Bakersfield Sound, The Beatles even caught the The Bakersfield bug, covering a Buck Owens tune, "Act Naturally", in 1965!

While the city isn't as well known for its architecture as for its music, it saw a mid century building boom that resulted in some notable achievements, including the Frank Lloyd Wright- designed Ablin Residence, completed in 1961.  The house is a stunner (cool video link below ), and owner David Coffrey has generously invited us - and our Crosleys - to visit.  Frank Lloyd Wright famously owned an entire fleet of Crosley HotShots, painted in his custom color, Taliesin Red, and had his students drive them back and forth from Wisconsin to Arizona and back each year.  Imagine THAT trip!

The Meet will follow our traditional schedule:  Friday happy hour Meet-and-Greet; Saturday Car Show and Swap Meet; Saturday Night Banquet; Sunday breakfast, followed by the Crosley Cruise.

Of course, ALL of the above depends on the October status of the Pandemic and the status of Kern County's rules on the size of public gatherings.  Fingers crossed, we'll all be vaccinated by then and COVID-19 will be in our rear view mirrors.

We'll send full details and registration materials in July as usual, but wanted to give everyone an update.  Look forward to seeing everyone!

Best!

Tim Foster, Laura and Rick Alexander, Mike Blackburn

Rick Alexander
619-787-1908