Re: 1949 VC

James Dlapa

I agree with Jim, Reliable is great to work with, when I was at the Mercedes Classic Center we used them quite often with excellent results. Some carriers may change out cargo at different hubs from trailer to trailer which can increase the chance of damage. Reliable hauls a lot of classic cars and takes care of their loads very well.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 12:00 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Dave, bite the Bullitt and use Reliable. I move several cars a year, and they are the most professional group you will find. I won't bore you with the stories of their exceptional drivers. They love cars, and care for them like their own. When I moved my Crosley PU from SC to CA, they employed special ramps for the narrow wheel track. I didn't ask, they just know cars. When one of mine goes to Amelia Island Concours, YUP, Reliable. I've copied a friend there, VP Bob Sellers. If you contact him, you'll become "Family" too.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 5:38 AM David Stubenvoll <David.Stubenvoll@...> wrote:

Hello all, I received a great response from my previous post - thank you!
Now I need help moving my dream car from Oregon to Wisconsin. I’ve already contacted numerous brokers, also Freighter Jim, Bill’s Auto Works, etc. Have to be honest, brokers scare me. I’ve had one horror story in the past where my car was late and delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately the good folks there knew I was a car guy and they called to see if it was mine. The driver couldn’t speak English and had evidently lost the paperwork. I’m not going that route again.

Please let me know if you have any contacts or good ideas that could help. I’m willing to pay a fair but not exorbitant amount and could meet someone in Iowa or Illinois if they are coming across on 80.

also the current owner of the car is very gracious and has the vehicle well stored. It doesn’t have to be moved immediately so any time in the next few months will work. Snow won’t disappear here until April anyway.

Thank you all again, “Crosley” is a great community!

Dave