Re: military crabkshaft

Jim Bollman

You need the big block to get the 53ci. Barry Seal may know the right answer but I would think the stock rods at least in length is what you need, maybe better quality to handle the extra power. The 53ci version was a Fageol/Crofton design by just redoing the block. Homelite and Bearcat then stroked the crank to get 59ci.

On Jan 8, 2021, at 12:31 PM, Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:

What kind of rods are needed for the 53 ci ?

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 5:44 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
The Bearcat has a longer stroke than stock Crosley so if you plan to use the crank directly you will need different rods and you will only get around 53ci instead of 59ci.

On Jan 7, 2021, at 8:34 PM, Jeremy Rutherford <jruthe2@...> wrote:

Hi Tobby, I bought a trans from you a year or so ago, I think this would be the crank and crankcase I will need for my Bearcat build.  Is this a forged crank and would you be willing to ship it?
Thanks,
Jeremy

On Jan 7, 2021, at 6:45 PM, Tobby Alvestad <talvestad@...> wrote:

i have a military crankshaft and lower engine case for sale, looks to be in shape....$250 i will also throw n some other engine parts.... give me a call Tobby   818-990-0590