Re: Original carburetor? 1952 Super Wagon

Butch

Do you have a COMPLETE set of instructions, for both? Especially the Tillotson?

There are critical things on bot, but the Tillotson is easily damaged, by incorrect disassembly.

If you have questions or doubts, ASK first. I've rebuilt hundreds of both brands, if I've not made all of the mistakes, at least I've made most of them, and will be happy to try to save other people a few.

Butch

On 12/26/2020 5:47 PM, Ken Ballein wrote:
I do have several air cleaners for Tillotson not the Carter.  I ordered an aftermarket for the Carter with an adapter from Speedway.  We’ll see how it goes.  The kits will take a week or so to arrive.  I’m going to go ahead and rebuild both regardless.

Thanks
Ken

On Dec 26, 2020, at 5:09 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Ken, I will tell you to put a Tillotson on it and drive it problem free. Others like the Carter. Do you have an air cleaner for each ? Also, if you find that you enjoy rebuilding these carbs, You could have yourself a nice retirement job doing them. Our premier carb rebuilder, Chuck Koehler passed on several years ago. Chuck made those carbs look brand new and had them set up so all we had to do is bolt them on and go. I believe at the end, they were going for around $125 plus shipping.  Jeffrey

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020, 4:39 PM Ken Ballein <kballein@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Maybe someday I’ll be answering questions instead of asking all the time.

I have about 6 Tillotson DY9C carbs and 2 Carter WO carbs.  The wagon came with a Tillotson, but I read somewhere the 52 wagon came with a Carter.  I bought a kit for each.

Should the 52 wagon have a Carter or Tillotson?  I have rebuilt several carbs over the years, but not since old age has kicked in and I need readers to see.  Hopefully the rebuilds will go ok.

Thanks,
Ken