Re: Rear Hatch Knob for Station Wagon

Butch

Mike,

There is a "pin hole" on the body of the Tee Handle. You must use a very stiff wire (I use large paperclip).

Insert the wire into that hole, then with the key inserted, slowly rotate the cylinder. You should feel the "retainer" as it comes around. It is spring loaded and must be depressed. Sometimes it's corroded and difficult to do. (WD-40, is your friend here!)

Once it's depressed, the cylinder will come out. It's been a while since I've done it ( we had several dozen, that I had to remove the cylinder from, and re-key), but there is some "feel" to it.

Butch

On 10/30/2020 10:56 PM, Mike S wrote:
Another question regarding knobs.....how do you remove the lock tumbler from the knob?  The key actually fits it works fine.
Mike S