Re: 6-Bolt water pump rebuild

Butch

Andy,

We are hi tech here. We support the "snout" with a board (we actually had a semicircular jig) and used a small cold chisel to crimp it on, in about 3 to 5 places. Make sure that you crimp it into the groove on the pump.

Butch

On 9/21/2020 9:16 AM, Andy Drake wrote:
Ok, at the risk of asking a dumb question, what would you use to put that nice crimp in the retaining cap? I'd imagine there originally was a press or a tool of some sort that put the crimp indents in the right spot, but I don't really have anything like it in the toolbox. I hesitate to use pliars or something which would burr up the cap or not seat it right.

Thanks!