Re: 6-Bolt water pump rebuild

Butch

Jim,

Yes, we sandblasted them well and used J-B Weld to repair the bores and also the inlet and outlet spigots.

When necessary, we would sleeve the spigots with tubing and secure it and build the outside up, to make the damaged cores usable.

Butch

On 9/20/2020 12:12 PM, James Hudson wrote:
Thank you for posting this Butch, I have two that I want to rebuild and this will help a lot. As regards a pitted bore, I read somewhere-I think on this forum but I can't find it-that you could use JB-weld to fill up the pitted portions of the bore and smooth it out. Would you recommend that?-Jim