Re: Hung brake? Sticking brake?

David Reina

Hi Steve,

I read Butch’s reply and it may be that. Here is another possibility that has gotten me. Sometimes a brake line will go bad and swell up internally. When this happens your foot can generate enough pressure to force fluid past the bad area but the brake springs don’t have enough power to push the fluid back to the master cylinder. If it happens up front you would only have one wheel locking but if the back line goes bad both wheels could lock up.

All this is reminding me that I have a front wheel cylinder on my Super Sport that grabs and needs to be changed. I think in my case its the wheel cylinder?

Good luck!

David Reina
Brooklyn, NY