Re: Hung brake? Sticking brake?

Steve

Thanks everyone for all the ideas.  To answer a few of the questions, it’s a 1950 with 9” Bendix hydraulics.  I don’t know if it was just one brake sticking or all.  I once had an entire brake lining come off a shoe and wedge itself between the other shoe and the drum.  Been there, fixed that on my Crofton Bug.  So thanks, everyone.  I have many starting points and some I would not have thought of.

-Steve M.

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Cameron via groups.io
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 9:18 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Hung brake? Sticking brake?

Steve

I don't see what model Crosley you have but I had that problem with my 1949 Crosley Hotshot with 4 wheel disc (spot) brakes. The problem turned out to be the right emergency brake linkage. It was not releasing until I gently moved the lever at the rear backing plate. That released the brake lock up. Still haven't found a real fix but I just don't use the ebrake anymore.

-Steve Cameron