Re: Hung brake? Sticking brake?

Steve Olinger

Oops hit the send button and sent a blank message the first time! I second what Butch said. Its probably the little return hole in the master cylinder stopped up or not any free travel in the pedal.
Steve

September 18 2020 7:33 PM, "Steve Olinger" <olinger@...> wrote:

September 18 2020 7:19 PM, "Steve" <brawnybug@...> wrote:

I have some ideas on this problem but want to seek the advice of the Crosley collective.

Last weekend at the Illinois Meet we did our small cruise.  Nice and slow, a little stop and go.  When we returned to the park, I proceeded to load my Crosley on its trailer.  I hooked up my winch and the car did not want to move.  Checked the shifter, it wasn’t in gear.  Checked the e-brake, it wasn’t set.  I really had to work the winch hard to get it loaded.

2 hours later when I’m home, it rolls off the trailer easy as can be.  I suspect I have a brake hanging up, but I suspect the hydraulic components more than the springs.  I’m thinking:

1.      Bleed the brakes

2.      Check wheel cylinders

3.      Check brake lines for collapse.

Something was stuck, but released over time.  Here’s your chance, please share your experience.

-Steve M.