Re: Hung brake? Sticking brake?

Butch

Steve,

Quite possibly the master cylinder. There are two ports in there, one lets the fluid return to the master cylinder, from the wheel cylinders, after a brake application is over.

Talk about exciting, I had that happen to me on the front wheel brake of a motorcycle. It would set the brake tight enough, to lock up the tire while slowing down. A quick opening on the bleeder, would produce a tiny spurt of fluid, enough to relieve the pressure in the caliper, and no more drag.

Cleaning the master cylinder ports out, fixed the problem.

Just a possible idea.

Butch

On 9/18/2020 7:19 PM, Steve wrote:

I have some ideas on this problem but want to seek the advice of the Crosley collective.

Last weekend at the Illinois Meet we did our small cruise.  Nice and slow, a little stop and go.  When we returned to the park, I proceeded to load my Crosley on its trailer.  I hooked up my winch and the car did not want to move.  Checked the shifter, it wasn’t in gear.  Checked the e-brake, it wasn’t set.  I really had to work the winch hard to get it loaded

2 hours later when I’m home, it rolls off the trailer easy as can be.  I suspect I have a brake hanging up, but I suspect the hydraulic components more than the springs.  I’m thinking:

1.      Bleed the brakes

2.      Check wheel cylinders

3.      Check brake lines for collapse.

Something was stuck, but released over time.  Here’s your chance, please share your experience.

-Steve M.