From: jeff <jeffalyon@...>
Date: 9/2/20 8:00 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Pepco Supercharger on Crosley Hotshot

The stock Crosley engine pulleys use a 5/8 wide belt.  The Pepco supercharger that I purchased came with a thin belt pulley.   Some people say you have to have a special double pulley installed on the generator that has both a pulley for the thick crank belt, and a separate pulley for the thin belt that originally came on the Pepco supercharger.
I made a spacer to extend the supercharger pulley out about one half inch, using a longer bolt.  This spacer will allow the supercharger to run off the original wide crank belt (just a few inches longer).  Then I  added a generic idler pulley (with a sealed bearing) that was wide enough to accommodate the wide fan belt.  The idler pulley ensures maximum belt contact on the supercharger pulley (and generator),  no slippage at high rpms.
Works great!
Now if only I had the inclination to make my own exhaust header, to allow this supercharger to run unrestricted.
Go for it.

Jeff

Sent from my jphone