Re: Help With Parking Brake Lever

Bruce Derenski

I think I figured it out. There are a pair of holes in the transmission cross member on the passenger side. My mistake was trying to fit the lever on from below. When you lay the lever over the holes from the top, it bolts right up.

On Aug 23, 2020, at 10:34 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

´╗┐Chris,

The later cars were different. I assume due to the lack of leverage provided, by the direct connection, as is installed on your (early) car, they changed and added a "swinging" lever, that gave a lot of mechanical advantage for the brake application.

Butch

On 8/23/2020 9:53 AM, CHRIS BECKWITH via groups.io wrote:
I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place

Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
US ARMY Ret

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
???Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.

Butch

On 8/20/2020 8:36 AM, Bruce Derenski via groups.io wrote:
Hi, Crosley Gurus. Wizards and Swamis,

My car is a 1952 CD Wagon with stock 9" drum brakes. I need some help with hooking up the parking brake lever. Not the handle inside the car, but the lever that mounts beneath the car, near the transmission. The lever has a short arm with two small nuts/bolts, and it clearly bolts to something. What does it bolt to? I can't find anything in the vicinity