Re: Help With Parking Brake Lever

Butch

Chris,

The later cars were different. I assume due to the lack of leverage provided, by the direct connection, as is installed on your (early) car, they changed and added a "swinging" lever, that gave a lot of mechanical advantage for the brake application.

Butch

On 8/23/2020 9:53 AM, CHRIS BECKWITH via groups.io wrote:
I just got a 49 with the e brake assembly still in place

Sgt. Chris Beckwith ,
US ARMY Ret

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Butch via groups.io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

???Your description is a bit hard for me to follow, but look at the transmission mount bolts.

Butch

On 8/20/2020 8:36 AM, Bruce Derenski via groups.io wrote:
Hi, Crosley Gurus. Wizards and Swamis,

My car is a 1952 CD Wagon with stock 9" drum brakes. I need some help with hooking up the parking brake lever. Not the handle inside the car, but the lever that mounts beneath the car, near the transmission. The lever has a short arm with two small nuts/bolts, and it clearly bolts to something. What does it bolt to? I can't find anything in the vicinity