Re: Where does oil pressure attach to block?

Butch

Skip,
I'm confused. The canister filter RETURN line, attaches to the crankcase, on the driver's side, not the passenger's side.
The canister filter feed line, comes from the FRONT of the crankcase, on the passenger's side.
The oil pressure gauge line, attaches to the passenger's side of the crankcase, about 3/4s of the way back, behind the water pump.
Nothing else is supposed to feed of of that tap.
Butch

On 8/10/2020 4:47 PM, Tilden Drinkard wrote:
Butch,
?? ??Does it attach in the same port where the return line to the oil filter attaches? If so, should there be an extension that takes both the oil return & oil pressure gauge line below & past the water pump before going up?
?? ??My present set up, that existed when I bought the 1952 Super SW, has both lines attached to a Y connection & coming up between the gap in the exhaust manifold & exhaust pipe. That seems like a poor set up that
?? ??would only super heat the oil in these lines.
Thanx, Skip D