Re: Restoration tips for beginners

parkhunter@...

Another tip I’ve learned: the Crosley parts manual is just as useful as the service manual. The parts manual includes exploded diagrams of most parts of the car, which help when you can’t quite figure out an assembly.

But where it really saved my bacon was on the miscellaneous nuts and bolts. The old hardware that comes off the car isn’t always in good shape, or you lose a washer, or get some pieces scrambled up.

The parts manual is detailed right down to the screws and bolts for every assembly. It can help you find the right little bit on the bench. Or I sometimes just went down to the local Ace store and replaced bolts, nuts, screws, washers, and rubber grommets right out of the parts bins. It’s nice to have the right new hardware during assembly.

- Park