Re: Free 1947 Sedan - NC

Gabriel Haddad

Good job Sam!

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020, 12:24 PM Sam Perley <samperley@...> wrote:
*Update for everyone*

After assessing the photos and talking to Spencer (owner) I have decided that this car is worth saving. The floors are too rotten to salvage but the body and frame are good.

So what to do? Well its heavily expensive for a full restoration so instead this will become the New England Chapter's official Take-Apart-Car. You may remember the one from nationals last year and it was good fun so I'd like to make a second one for the New England area. We'll bring it to shows and scouting jamborees for people to view and even compete with.

I felt this would be the best for this car to give it a new life rather than ditch in the woods or scrapped.

We will be picking it up next week.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 20:44 L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:
I lived in Charlotte for 22 years.  I thought I had scrounged all the Crosleys there.  Maybe someone brought it in after I left town.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 8:41 PM L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:
I lived in Charlotte for 22

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 7:32 PM Gabriel Haddad <super51.g100@...> wrote:
Save it Sam. Good luck.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 7:29 PM Sam Perley <samperley@...> wrote:
It's okay! He got back to me. Gonna get some more pictures tomorrow. Might go get it next weekend depending on the body structure condition

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 19:27 Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Sorry,  I forgot to put that in the message, it is in Charlotte.

Jim...

On Jul 7, 2020, at 5:14 PM, Sam Perley <samperley@...> wrote:

Jim, I sent him a message. Where is the car? Is it North Carolina?

Sam

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 17:02 Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
The owner knows what he has here is his description. No engine.

"I realize it probably isn't worth the trouble of someone getting it but I want to try. The best thing about it is probably the "chrome" trim above the wheels, the headlights and the front emblem (which isn't perfect). The rear emblem may be around here. There is green paint where it was. I don't remember ever seeing the chrome strips above the wheels, was there a "deluxe" model? I'm not sure about the year of it, I never paid much attention to the sedans. I'll remove the trim strips if I scrap it. They are bolted on and I'll do my best to avoid breaking them . The front and rear axles and springs are in place. It is a "roller" except the tires are completely shot."

The problem is that it is stored at a building he no longer rents and the owner has loaded it on a trailer and plans to take it to recycling next week if someone doesn't take it. He says if he gets a serious taker he will try to stall the fellow.

Spencer Shepard <sshepard3@...>
704-844-6211
704-488-6531 Cell

Attachments: