Re: Transmission pops out of gear

Matt Tritt

Not sure why it does, and I’m afraid of causing problems for people with vintage small farm machinery, but Economy Power King tractors use Crosley transmissions and differentials. Since the differentials are powering portal axles, there’s very little stress on the working parts. I’ve never heard of any transmission or diff problems with Power Kings, so you might consider watching out for them on the garden tractor discussion sites.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 4:49 PM Mike P via groups.io <analogmike=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
HI,

My '51 Hot Shot wouldn't stay in 2nd or 3rd gear when I got it.

I was told the shifter poppets were bad so sent it to Butch who did a nice
job with it. Now it stays in second but still pops out of third when coasting.
The 3rd gear poppet is not as stiff as the other shifter assembly
I have, but the other one won't go into 2nd at all and 1st is really weird...

The gears look fine.

Any ideas how to get it to stay in third gear??

--
Matt Tritt
14160 El Camino Real