Re: National Meet Has Been Canceled for 2020

Terrance Robinson

Loss

I , too, lost a VERY dear black friend that I had known since we were both 18 in freshman college--he died the day after Easter and the virus was the cause. I feel like my left arm has been severed. I will no longer look at life the same way. They couldn't have a funeral so are having a memorial service at Adrian College chapel in Michigan on his 76th birthday July 18 and I have been asked to speak. I will be there.

I live in an Army Retirement community that has been in lockdown since 15 March--unpleasant-but successful as none of our 900 fragile members or 400 staff have gotten the virus. Follow the science--politics should be the LAST thing influencing our decisions.

The Kaiser Frazer annual meeting for July in Oregon was also cancelled. Since they are not nearly as young or daring as the Crosley club, I fear for their survival. I've been a life member for 60 years.

Thanks to the Board for their courage. I can only respect and admire them for this decision.

Rev Dr Terrance Robinson
Army Retirement Center
San Antonio, TX

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:34 AM Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Jim:

I agree and I apologize.

Some background:
More than 100,000 people in the U.S. have now  tragically lost their lives to this virus – one of whom was a very good friend of mine of over 20 years.  He lost his life the very morning that Pat posted his twisted response.

I temporarily lost it.  It won’t happen again.

Friends, please listen to medical science.

Lloyd