Re: ‘52 Super Sedan

David Stubenvoll

Comet clutch with the original forward-reverse gearbox

On May 6, 2020, at 11:48 AM, Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Dave:
What kind of transmission in the Model 3?
Lloyd

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device
From: David.Stubenvoll@...
Sent: May 6, 2020 09:32
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] ‘52 Super Sedan

I have an original Model 1, one of the very first kits. Also a ‘58 Model 3 with a 22 hp Predator engine. It was hardly able to clear an intersection before the light changed when I bought it. Now it will throw rooster tails the length of my gravel driveway down to my shop!

On May 6, 2020, at 11:27 AM, Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Dave:
What model King Midgets do you have?  I have a couple of II's with 28 hp Briggs and differentials installed.  Major improvement.

Sent: May 6, 2020 09:01
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] ‘52 Super Sedan

Hello group,
im a newbie to Crosleys but I’ve been a car guy for decades. Model T’s and A’s, MG’s, King Midgets, and Metropolitan’s (all plural) have been in my garage at one time or another. Our “fun car” season up here in the frozen tundra, just out side of Green Bay, is rather short compared to the southern states so I’ve been thinking that a closed car like a Crosley sedan would extend my season.

I joined the club a while back and have been watching the classifieds. Last issue of the magazine has an ad with two cars, a station wagon and a Super Sedan, both ‘52’s. The wagon has been sold but not the sedan -yet. The son of the previous owner does not know much about the car other than it appears to be in really good shape, runs and drives. There is no history available nor information on the extent of the restoration. Does anyone out there know the car?

You can answer here or call me at 920-360-9546

Thank you,
Dave