Re: Flywheel for Sprite clutch

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

If I remember right I used the short valve springs made for valve rotors. Were used so I checked with scales in a drill press to find strongest 3 for pressure plate.  Still feels like stepping on a wet noodle but with 6 1/2 " does not slip.
           bye           Robert

In a message dated 4/20/2020 1:23:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, speedoo51@... writes:

I am wondering if anyone has found some stiffer springs for the Crosley 6" clutch? I think thats all thats really needed to make a little more positive; the one that was in the car I had when I was young memory says had stiffer springs, I beat the daylights out of that car and never had a clutch issue.. Is there is a marked difference in using the 6.5 clutch. I see that Moss has a 7" diaphragm Spriget clutch but don't know if it will fit in the Crosley bell..They have several 6&6.25 clutches at varying costs.  Seb.