Re: vapor lock issue

Jim Bollman

It sounds like you have a plan that should fix the problem but should not be necessary, as you say most don't have a problem. I was just going to suggest when your  last message came in that it was time to start over because one or more of your steps must be bad. I was going to suggest buying a new fuel pump from Yankee or Service instead of relying on a rebuilt that may have another problem other than what was replaced in the rebuild. Also make sure you had one of the insulating high temperature gaskets behind the fuel pump.

Make sure the electric fuel pump puts out between 1.5 and 3.5 lbs of pressure so you don't over power the float valve. Several members run electric pumps near the tank and push fuel through the mechanical pump. You need to have it hooked up so it turns off when not wanted so in an accident situation that it doesn't keep pumping gas.

Jim...

On Apr 13, 2020, at 2:08 PM, bwright@... wrote:

here is my plan going forward because I feel like I am chasing a mirage on this issue. I ordered some wrap for the exhaust manifold. I plan to do that and see if it or any other minor changes resolve the issue. I also ordered a high quality 6 volt in line electric pump. If the before mentioned steps don't take care of it, I plan to install the pump near the tank and bypass the mechanical pump and pipe direct to the Carburetor. I am really stumped why I have more issues with this than anyone else but I am also plenty tired of spending too much time and money chasing something I know can be resolved by taking the poorly located mechanical pump out of play