Re: Starting Problems in Morning

Andy Farley

I know it's been a while since the original post, but I learned something recently about the hard starting problem. I had a similar problem starting the engine after it sat for a day or two. I noticed that after I parked my CC I usually smelled gas for a day or two. There was never any visible leak. I went  through and tightened all fuel line connections around the engine compartment. The fuel smell went away but was surprising was that the hard starting problem got better. I think the fuel was evaporating out of the fuel line both between the fuel pump and the carburetor and from the line before the fuel pump.
Hope this helps.