Re: Where else to find a Crosley's VIN

Spock Arnold

John
   What is the body style cc or cd? There have been a number of cars sold through the years that have had other Vin placed on them.  There was a whole group sold in the recent past at a reputable auction that every one of them had incorrect vin.  Some have a vin on the front cross member but I've only seen it a couple times.  It your title matches the vin, I wouldn't get too worried.

On Apr 5, 2020 4:22 PM, John Schneiderman <john-schneiderman@...> wrote:
Where else can one find the vehicle's VIN/Serial number, other than the serial number plate found in the upper center of the engines firewall?
My 1947 Crosley Sedan, has a remanufacturers plate  C47205441, which is also on the vehicle's title.  But it has a CIBA engine, not a CoBRA, it has white wheels, not the Chinese Red..
So I'm wondering if it is a 1949 instead. Would love to know the original serial number