Re: What to do with my 1946 crosley?

Jim Bollman

Service & Yankee have online stores if you want to browse before you call, there are links on the vendor page.

R209900 is the casting number and probably 99% of all Crosley cast iron blocks have that number even though there were numerous changes over the years of production. The engine serial number is to the rear of the distributor on the side of the crankcase, that will let us roughly date the engine.

Here is a link to the radios used in the Crosley http://crosleyautoclub.com/Car_Radios/Radios.html If your radio is one of these it is worth hanging on to, they bring big dollars for a nice one and more than you would thin for a poor one.

Sounds like you have caught the bug. Welcome to the club. I bought the bug when I was 13, nearly 60 years ago.

Jim...

On Apr 2, 2020, at 7:50 PM, Raymond via groups.io <raymondjbz@...> wrote:

I took everybody's advice and joined the club. Today was spent cleaning out the whole car and removing the steering column and some bolts holding the body. I' going to order some manuals to assist me as was suggested. Hopefully, Monday I will start calling the suppliers to get some parts. Other than mechanical repairs on my cars and minor body work, I have never tried something like this before. I'm gonna give it a shot!

My engine number is: R209900. Some other things I found were that the car seems to have been blue originally. Also, someone cut holes in the back and added 2 tail lights. I also found an extra dash in the car that seems to belong to a different model and an old radio that has vacuum tubes but doesn't look like the correct one fore the car. I have added pics for anyone interested.

Raymond
<1.jpg><2.jpg><4.jpg><5.jpg><3.jpg>