Re: Crankshaft install

nobadrivers

I didn't have a mark on the crankshaft pulley like Dave showed in his picture.  So I got number one cylinder to TDC and timing mark on flywheel visible in the timing mark window on the bell housing.  I then lined up the camshaft gear two dots with the one dot on the camshaft drive gear for my valve timing.  For static ignition timing I positioned the distributor for the ignition points just about to open (points opening fires ignition coil) and rotor pointing towards #1 cylinder distributor cap tower.  So preliminary static timing will be at 0 degrees when engine starts.  From there I can set the timing with a timing light.