Re: Crankshaft install

dale@servicemotors.net

Look on the outside of the gear or the face which faces the front of the engine.

On Mar 28, 2020, at 12:50 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello everyone..
Im attempting to install the crankshaft. I have the Service Manual and read through the section a few times. The small gear was not installed on the crankshaft. I have a notch in my crankshaft spline and I can’t find any markings on the crankshaft gear. If I’m reading it right the notched spline will need to match up to a specific area on one side or the other of the crankshaft gear.
I have more than one crankshaft gear and haven’t found a mark on any of them.
Thanks,
Steve Perry