Re: For Sale: 1951 Crosley LeMans Race Car - $59,500

Jim Bollman

I seem to remember John telling me he had upgraded to a Big Block. I know several people that have molded the Crosley Script to attach to the Big Block to make their conversion a bit more stock looking, that is my plan if I ever get my BB installed.

On Mar 24, 2020, at 7:35 PM, seb fontana via Groups.Io <speedoo51@...> wrote:

I was scrutinizing the Lemans Crosley pictures..Looking at the engine I see it has the Crosley script.. But it has four welch plugs? Should only have two, one either side of thermostat housing. Only blocks I know to have four welch plugs are the Homelite/Bearcat Big Blocks [Big bore 2.750]. Then I look at the casting number 308682 [Crosley engine tree,http://crosleyautoclub.com/EngineTree/Crosley_Eng_Tree-3.html .. So its a big Block [2.750 bore] Fageol/Crofton with four plugs And Crosley script; if this is the original block [maybe] then Crosley had it in 1950 when they built the engine.   https://hymanltd.com/vehicles/6610-1951-crosley-lemans-race-car/